Don't Say A Word

Madison had never had a good life, only death had stalked really everyone she loved. Her mother and unborn brother in a car crash, her father over dosed on anti depressants. Her older sister was alive though, she wasn't a very pleasant woman.

Madison had moved to Gotham to get away and to work in Arkham Asylum, for they held some of the most insane criminals in the world. And she loved to crack down into their deepest secrets or problems.  

Today was her first day at Arkham.

~~~

She walked outside where the loud bustling of cars and people hit her ears. She never really liked the city, but she could make an exception for Arkham. She waved down a taxi. "To Arkham Asylum please" she said. The driver just grumbled something and drove.

The taxi smelled of cigarettes and beer. Madison scrunched her nose. It was quite foul. Luckily Arkham wasn't far, she would have walked but recently abductions had been occurring around where she lived.

Once at Arkham she got out paid the driver and confidently walked in. She waited at the front desk. A woman sat there. "May I help you? Are you here to see some one?" she asked stuffing papers into a filing cabinet.

Madison shook her head "I'm the new intern, Madison Lupin." she stated.

"Oh, hold on a second." She got up and walked into another room behind her. Madison waited and looked around. But the woman returned quickly as another woman came down the hall. With a clipboard in her hand and a doctor's white jacket.

"Hello, you are Miss Lupin?" the woman with the clipboard smiled. Madison smiled and nodded. "I'm Doctor Renee Smith, just call me Renee." the shook hands.

Renee led Madison to her office. It was quite plain, just a desk with a lamp a chair and filing cabinet, a couch chair for the ones she would have sessions with.

"This is yours, and just one more thing. All of them are hard core psychopaths. They will try to get under your skin, don't let them..."

"Don't worry" Madison slightly laughed as if it were a joke. "I have no plans to run away with any crazy"

"Neither did Harley." She said and left. Madison had only heard of Harley. How she fell in love with the Joker and ran off became Harley Quinn.

~~~

Madison had loads of experience with criminals, so she could work with some high profile criminals but only a few.

Her first interview will be tomorrow, today was her orientation. Like where every thing was, and how Arkham worked.

Dr Smith lead her through the Asylum telling about it. They came through the holding cells she recognized some like The Riddler, Harley Quin, they stopped next to Scarecrow's. His icy blue eyes stared at her darkly. It sent chills down her spine.

She kept her face straight and greeted the man that Renee was introducing. "This is Aaron Cash, head of security."

"Nice to meet you" Aaron smiled and shook Madison's hand. "Yes, you to" Madison said. She saw his hand, Aaron noticed.

"Killer Croc, the bastard wasn't lying about being able to eat people" 

Madison's eyes widened a little. Dr Smith must have saw anxiousness in her eyes.

"Don't worry, you won't be meeting him any time soon."

"Well... speaking of who I will be meeting, who am I to see tomorrow?"

"Um..." Dr Smith looked through a few papers she had on her clipboard.

"Jervis Tetch... I'll have his files sent to your office so you'll know what to expect"  

"Thank you" Madison gave a slight smile that quickly faded.

"So, that's it for your orientation... how about we go get those files?" Dr Smith said.

"Sounds good. Good bye Mr Cash" she waved slightly. Aaron smiled

"Goodbye Ms Lupin."

~~~

Madison was back in her office looking over Jervis Tetch's file. He had obbsesive compulsion and paranoid schizophrenia. Called him self the Mad Hatter, and kidnapped girls that looked like Alice.

Madison found such minds entertaining in how they worked and why they worked that way.

It was time for her to go home. She locked the files in her drawer, grabbed her coat and walked out. She said bye to some other doctors she had met and flagged a taxi down to go home.

She loved the job already.