Don't Say A Word: 5

"Where do you live" Jonathan asked quietly, starting the car.

"Down the street from Arkham, I'll show you when we get there" she said buckling her seat belt.

The whole ride there was awkward, the both stayed in a bubble of tense awkward silence. Until driving down Madison's street she pointed to a small building on the corner. "There." she said. He stopped and let her out. He glanced at her and waved bye, well kinda a half wave, and drove off.

Walking in she shouted. "Pumpkin I'm home!" the cat came charging at her, mewling like crazy. "Aw did ya miss me buddy or do you just want food" the cat purred and rubbed against her legs. "Both?" she smiled and walked towards the kitchen.

Once she fed the cat she went straight to her bedroom and tried to sleep. Her head was still throbbing. But, she kept thinking... thinking of Jonathan, annoyed she buried her face in her pillow and shut her eyes. Eventually sleeping.

~~~

Next morning, not really caring, she walked to work all her stuff was there anyways. She walked in,

Elizabeth, the lady at the front desk gasped. "Dr Lupin your still alive! W-Wh-"

"Shhhhh!" Madison hissed. "He let me go... whoopee!" she said sarcastically. "I have a throbbing head ache, and all I'm going to do is paperwork, someone can have my interview for today."

Elizabeth nodded wide eyed. Madison rolled her eyes and walked to her office. But Jamie barged out of hers and tackle hugged Madison almost knocking her over. "Your alright!" she squealed.

Madison noticed many others looking at them surprised when they realized who Madison was. "Yeah, yeah... I'm sorry Jamie but my head hurts. Please let me go"

She did and was still smiling, but frowned as she asked. "Did you escape from him?"

"No he let me go..."

Confusion sparked in Jamie's face. "I'm need to go do paperwork now... so... I'll see you later" she said slightly smiling and walking into her office. She sighed and sat, this day sucked already.

~~~

Finishing the last of the papers she needed to finish she sighed. All day she kept thinking of Crane.

She growled and threw her jacket on grabbing her bag and walked out. She said bye to Jamie and left. She walked home, anyways if anyone came after her they would meet a fist. She wasn't gonna be messed with right now.

She went home and after setting her stuff down went straight to her room and buried in her pillow. Pumpkin meowed and sat in the door way. She didn't looked up and grumbled. "Go away... too tired." the cat meowed again.

"Noooo you fat cat I gave you food earlier... a lot of it..." she buried her face further in the pillow and slept.

~~~

A week later she was in her office drawing awaiting her next patient interview. Jamie walked in. "Madison, they caught Crane."

Madison's eyes widened and she stood up. "Crane?" Jamie nodded.

They walked down the hallways. Batman handed Crane over to security. He had a smirk on his face with a black eye and split lip. Seemed like they fought a bit.

They thanked batman as he walked away. Not much of a talker is he. The guards and Crane walked past Madison and Jamie. His smirk grew wider when he saw them.

"Wow seems like he was fighting back" Jamie said. Madison nodded and watched as they dragged Jonathan away. Jamie smirked when he was out of sight. "Hey... what's up you've been acting a little funny after he left... something happen?" she laughed.

Madison narrowed her eyes at Jamie and growled darkly "No, and it any of your concern anyway!" She started walking back towards her office. Jamie followed. "Oooo touchy you sure?"

Madison stopped and hissed "Jamie your really starting to piss me off, leave me alone"

Jamie kept smirking and raised an eyebrow "Sure whatever ya say" and walked to her office.

Madison slammed the door and ran her fingers though her hair. She sat and closed her eyes leaning back in her chair. And now others could see her liking for Crane, this was wonderful...

~~~

The next day when the guards had just left the hall Madison walked down to Crane's cell. He was laying on the bed staring at the ceiling. "Psst!" Madison said knocking on the glass. Jonathan's blue eyes looked over to Madison.

He sat up and smiled. "What a pleasant surprise, how are you Madison?"

"Why'd you get yourself caught? And how?!"

"No hi?"

"Hi, can you answer the question now"

"Nothing good to do, and Harley wanted me to give you this..." he held a note in his hand.

"But I wasn't expecting this surprise visit..."

"What's it say?"

"I have no clue... it's for you." he said.

"So... I get it next interview" Jonathan nodded. Madison sighed and slightly hung her head. "Darn..."

~~~

Her interview with Crane finally came about three weeks after that day, sitting and wondering what Harley wrote, sucked.

The guards hand cuffed him and left. She smiled. "Hello Jonathan...

"You actually said Hello, wow..." he smirked and held up the note. She snatched it and slipped it in the drawer. "Not going to read it now?"

"No" she shook her head. "Not 'til the interview is over..."

"Then what are we to talk about?" Jonathan asked.

"Well..." Madison bit her lip "Still want to hear about Harley's interview?"