Don't Say A Word: 15

"I can still help you! I'm not incapable of anything, yet"

"No Madison, I don't want you to get shot, or hurt."

"Jonathan, I can defend myself"

"Like I said you could get shot. Or sent to Arkham and while escaping you get shot."

"Why do all your scenarios end up with me getting shot?"

"Because that's just one of the quicker ways you could die." he said darkly he meant it. And that sent shivers down Madison's spine.

Jonathan grabbed his mask then kissed her forehead. "I'll be back soon"

~~~

Madison struggled to keep herself entertained. And if Jonathan got caught she'd really be bored. Harley got very exited when Madison told her. Madison still wasn't sure how Jonathan would be around the child.

Madison didn't worry to much, or at least did't think to much about it.

"What did Harley think?" Jonathan asked walking up to her while she sat at the table reading. She glanced up at him questionly.

"About what?"

Jonathan rolled his eyes "About being an 'Aunt' " he said sitting next to her. She closed her book "Oh.." she shrugged and laughed. "She's awfully exited. "

He nodded and smiled. "I would expect that from her."

Thoughts of his reaction towards the child once it was born clouded her thoughts. "Jonathan..." she said softly.

Concern glinting in his eyes he answered "What's wrong?"

"A-Are you sure you're okay with the child?"

"Madison" he sighed and intertwined his fingers with hers. "I am positive. Maybe I haven't been the biggest fan of children" he paused and smiled. "But I promise I won't hurt them"

He kissed her gently "Or you again..."

She smiled reassured once again. "Alright. I'll go back to my book now." she let go of Jonathan's hand and opened her book again.

"What are you reading" he questioned standing up again.

"The Tell Tale Heart, my favorite story by Poe" she said still reading.

"I like that story too" he story

"I know you do"

~~~

Madison sighed "So he's in Arkham."

"Yes, along with Edward."

"Damn" Madison hissed. Se plopped on the couch. Amanda, Edward's girlfriend, walked over to Madison and handed her a glass of water. Her and Madison had kind of bonded at Madison's wedding.

Amanda had a good childhood, well raised loving parents. Well real dad and step mother. Her real mother was a schizophrenic and committed suicide because of she believed someone had taken Amanda, and no one believed her. When Amanda was actually with her father to keep her safe. We ended up in Arkham because of her belief that her stepmother killed her biological mom, and almost threw her out the window of a five story building. They stopped her and saved her step mom.

Amanda was a very organized person ( The OCD) and a very quiet person. But Madison could easily talk to her. "Well we could hang out until they get out, since I don't want to be alone. And we'll I don't think you like to be alone. Madison said sipping the water.

Amanda shrugged. "Sure"

~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter isn't much fun. And not much will happen next chapter either, well maybe... :) you'll just have to read and see