Chapter One

Well, first day of high school. This should be good. A new town, new home, new school, new everything. My mother got offered a better surgeon job here, in Arkadia, and she took it. So, here I am, standing in front of Walden High School, ready to go in. I take a deep breath, and enter the doors. The bell hasn't rang yet, it still has about ten minutes to go. I just thought I should get here a bit early.
"Hey!" A brunette girl comes running to me. "You must be new here. Before you ask how I know, it's a small school, and I haven't seen you here before so, yeah. Anyway, I'm Octavia Blake." She looks quite excited.
I laugh. "Clarke Griffin."
"Fresh meat!" A boy calls out, directly at me.
"Piss off Murphy!" Octavia yells, her excitement turning to anger. Wow. She looks small, but is apparently tough, considering that Murphy is afraid of her.
"Anywho, what's your schedule?" Octavia asks me.
"Um, French, Math, History, and Art." I say, reading off of the slip of paper I was given. "Cool! I have the same classes. I'll show you around." Octavia says, just as the bell rings. "And I'll introduce you to my friends at lunch."
"Sure! Thanks." I say. I'm not really good at making friends, but now, I've already made one.
******
The bell rings for lunch, and immediately, Octavia grabs my arm and practically rips me out of my seat.
"Hey!" I say jokingly.
"Sorry. Friends to meet, remember?" Octavia says, leading me outside to the lunch tables.
As soon as we get outside, a group of kids waves to Octavia, who waves back, mouths something, and points to me. One of them apparently can read lips, because he mouths back and makes a thumbs up.
"That's my older brother, Bellamy." She points to the dark haired, freckled boy who made the thumbs up. Octavia and I make our way to the blue table, and sit down. "That's Raven and Finn," She gestures to a couple sitting next to Bellamy, "Monty is beside you," A sweet looking boy looks up from his phone and smiles. "Miller is beside me," Octavia nudges Miller, and he looks up and shakes my hand.
Then we hear a shout. "Murphy, I swear I will kill you!" A red haired girl yells. Murphy is much taller than her, but it doesn't seem to phase her. "Then, I'll revive you, just to kill you again!"
"Zoie!" Bellamy calls her name. "Quit it!"
"No." Zoie says, staring Murphy down. I can't help but chuckle a bit.
Another boy comes and grabs Zoie's elbow, and drags her to the table. "Jasper, let go of me." Zoie says, and Jasper releases her arm.
"Well, now that we're all here, I have someone I'd like to introduce." Octavia says, smiling, gesturing to me with jazz hands. "This is Clarke. She shall now sit with us."
"Nice to meet you." Bellamy says, smirking. I shyly smile back.
First day was pretty good after all.