Chapter Seven

Thank you to @1abigailgilmore1 for the idea!

It's the day after the, well, incident. I kept my word, and showed up at Bellamy's today. And, before I can even knock on the door, it swings open. Second time this has happened.

Bellamy stands there, wearing jeans and a white t shirt. His face is still bruised, but his lip has healed quite a bit overnight. "Hey, Clarke." He smiles.

I smile back. "Hey. Can I come in?"

"Yeah, yeah." Bellamy steps aside, allowing me in. He closes the door behind me. "How are you?"

I rub my thumbs and forefingers together. A nervous tick. Not like I would admit it. Ever. "Uh, pretty good. You?"

"Why are you nervous?" His eyebrows furrow with worry.

"What? I'm-" I start to say, but Bellamy cuts me off.

"I've seen you do that before. It's your nervous tick. Why are you worked up?" He steps closer, and touching my arm gently, he guides me to the couch. The same couch where, last night, I comforted him while he sobbed about he was a monster.

"It's just everything that went on last night." I say, but more to satisfy myself than him.

"That's not all, is it?" Bellamy says quietly, tipping my chin up so I have to look him in the eye.

"Well, I just - just feel weird, okay? Like, we kissed and then didn't talk for a whole week and I want to know why. Please." I say, looking directly into his brown eyes.

Bellamy lets his hand drop into his lap, but still looks at me. "I was intimated, Princess," he says, and I'm confused. "Because, you're beautiful as hell, smart, and I don't understand how you could want to be with me."

"I want to be with you." I say, and lean in closer. "And nothing can change my mind about that."

And then he kisses me. And I feel the same way I felt at the party - alive. I kiss him back, then pull away slowly.

"Thank you." Bellamy says quietly.

"For what?" I say.

"For changing me."