Chapter Six

Now a few weeks later, at three in the morning,  I lay awake in my bed, thinking.  I kissed Bellamy Blake. My best friend's brother,  Bellamy Blake. I raise my finger. Maybe he was drunk, and he didn't know what was going on. No, if he was drunk, he would've been a lot more crazy. Bellamy and I have avoided eacother since that night. I don't know why, but he stoppwd talking to me, as did I to him. Maybe I should just pretend it never happened. I roll over onto my side. Yes. I will just continue to avoid contact with him. No, I can't do that. That's not me. How about we just discuss the kiss, or whatever, like civilized human beings over coffee or something tomorrow. That's a plan. Good for you, Clarke.

I close my eyes, and start drifting off into sleep, when my phone buzzes. I decide to ignore it. Whoever has the audacity to text another at 3A.M. can wait. After a few minutes, I receive a call. Well, then, whoever needs me must be pretty desperate.  I answer it tiredly.

"Hello?" My voice is dry, and drags out.

I hear sobbing on the other end. I forgot to check caller ID before I picked up the phone. It can't be Octavia, because she's on a school trip up North, and it costs to much money to call.

"Clarke?" The voice surprises me. It's Bellamy's voice. It can't be. First, he won't even talk to me, and now he calls me at three in the morning sobbing. Suddenly,  I feel a jolt of worry. Why the hell in heck is he sobbing? Oh gosh. He better be ok.

"Bellamy, are you ok?" I clench my fists as I wait for a reply.

"I - I need you here. Please. O and my mom aren't home,  and something happened and I can't be alone now. Please." He answers, his voice shaking.

"I'll be right over. Um, just, stay there." I throw on a sweater over my pajamas, put my blonde hair in a messy bun. I left a note for my mom, saying I went to a friends and would be there in the morning. Then, I got into my car.

I drive fast as I make my way over to the Blake's, and when I do, I don't bother knocking. Luckily, the doors unlocked, or that would've ended weird. I close the red door behind me, and see a curly haired figure sitting on the couch. 

"Bellamy?" I say quietly making my way over, and as I do, he turns around, and I can see his face is bruised and cut. His lip is bleeding, as is his nose, and the right side of his face is purple and black. "Bellamy." I repeat again, sitting next to him. Now, I can see his knuckles are split and bruised as well.

Another tear falls out of his eye, and I wrap my arms around him. "What happened?" I whisper into his shoulder.

After a few moments, still in my arms, Bellamy manages to speak. "There was this guy, at another party. He was trying to hit on some other girl, and was being super perverted, and making her feel uncomfortable. So I pulled him away, and gave him a warning. And then, as I was walking out to my car, he started saying things about me. I let it go because I really didn't care, until he brought up Octavia and my mother. He said they were both sluts,  and other things." He sniffs, and I rub his back. "He kept saying things about them, and he said that they were a pathetic excuse of life. And I lost it. I punched him, and it turned into a full blown fight." Bellamy breaks away from me, and cradles his head in his hands. "I only felt anger, until he begged me to stop hurting him. That's when I realized what I was doing. I feel terrible. I'm a monster. "

"Bellamy, you're not. You were defending your family. I get that." I remove his hands from his face, and place them in mine. "It's ok. You'll be ok."

"Yeah, and what about him?" Bellamy scoffs.

"I'm sure he deserved most of that." I say, looking him directly in the eye. "Come on, I'll help you get cleaned up."

After I was able to stop Bellamy's nose from bleeding, and cleaned his lip and knuckles, I prepared to leave. Just as my hand was on the door nob,  Bellamy stops me, his hand on mine. "Thank you, Clarke." He looks me in the eyes. "And I'm sorry for ignoring you after the party.  It was just a difficult time, that's all. I promise."

I hug him, and kiss his cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Bellamy kisses my forehead. "Tomorrow."