Chapter Twelve

On Monday, I walk to school, my blond hair in a French braid, wearing an orange t-shirt, blue jeans, and black sneakers. That's when I hear the shouting. So many people are yelling at the same time that I can't think straight. I run as fast as I can to school and that's when I see the source of the screaming. A fight has broken loose, some people screaming for them to stop, some screaming for them to fight. I see Octavia trying to break in the crowd and screaming for them to stop, and that's when I know who's fighting.

I run over to Octavia, and she just mouths Bellamy and Finn. Finn. I thought I'd never hear that name again. After I had the break up with Sterling, me and Finn had a thing. But then I realized that he already had a girlfriend, and now he thinks he can still have the best of both worlds. But right now, all I can see is red.

I push past everybody, not caring about who I punch, shove, or elbow to get to the middle. As soon as I get to Finn and Bellamy punching the living hell out of eacother, I grab Finn's collar, and with strength I didn't know I had, I pull him off and away from Bellamy, and stand in between the two of them.

"Leave. Now." I say coldly to Finn, whose nose and lip are bleeding, topped with a large cut ontop of his eye, and split knuckles. "Everybody clear out!" I scream, and everybody, including Finn, although limping, leaves to go to their classes. I don't know why the teachers didn't interfere. Probably because it's at the back of the school, but still.

Bellamy tries to walk away, but I grab him by the sleeve. "Not you. Sit." I point to a bench, and he does as ordered, with an angry look on his face. Finn must've gotten a few good punches in, considering the forming black eye, and bloody nose.

I carefully inspect his nose. "Not broken, you're lucky." I then carefully take his hands in mine. "Your fingers on your right hand are though. " Taking the sports tape that I keep in my bag for gym, I rip off a piece, and very carefully, wrap it around the broken fingers. "It'll do for now."

"Where'd you learn how to do that?" Bellamy questions.

"My mom's a doctor. She wants me to be one too." I focus more on his fingers rather than looking him in the eye.

"Clarke, look at me please." I don't. "Clarke."

"You could've broken his leg. He could've broken your jaw. Do you even care?" I spit the words at him.

"Me and Finn have been at eachother's throats for a while now." He replies, his voice low.

"Yeah, well that's no excuse." I scoff.

"I know. I'm sorry." He whispers and I still don't look at him. He puts his fingers under my chin, so I have to look at his eyes. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"Ok." I reply. "Ok."

Thoughts?