Chapter Nineteen

The water is starting to get cold.

I hug my knees tighter to my chest as I sit in the now lukewarm water. My tears are warm as they fall off my cheeks and onto my legs.

Baths usually help calm me down. But sitting here, with what happened to Jasper, it just makes me think more.

Everyone's left by now. Bellamy still stays downstairs, not wanting to leave me alone.

I turn my head and rest my cheek on the top of my knees. I feel like I'm suffocating, like I'm underwater but can still just barely breathe. But it's not good enough. Like the oxygen is going to run out at any time, and then there will be nothing.

A sharp knock interupts me from my thoughts. I slide the shower curtain closed as Bellamy enters.

Well, why bother knocking if you're just going to come in anyway?

"Clarke?" His voice comes out hoarse, still effected by sleep, or lack of. "Are you okay?"

No. One of my best friends just got hit in the freaking chest by an arrow, the stress is driving me crazy and I would do anything for you just to hold me and tell me it's going to be okay-

"I'm fine." The lie slips easily through my lips.

"Clarke-"

"I said I'm fine!" I snap, far too harshly.

"Can I open the curtain?" He waits a moment this time for an answer, and after none was given, he simply opens it anyway.

I turn my head the other way, hiding the tear tracks staining my cheeks. He puts his hand on my upper back, and that's how we stay for a while. My knees pressed as far as they can go to my chest, and Bellamy's hand on resting on my back.

That's the comfort I need, but was too much of a coward to ask for. It's the comfort that I need to feel safe.

The one thing I need to know that everything was going to be okay in the end.

That no matter the outcome, someday, it will be okay. It's life. A long twisty road, with setbacks, but in the end, we will make it.

We're never alone.

OKAY I AM SO SORRY IT'S BEEN TWO FREAKING MONTHS SINCE I LAST UPDATED. ALSO THIS WAS SHORT.
I'M SO SORRY.
THANK YOU FOR READING, I LOVE YOU ALL!

Also, if anyone needs to talk about anything, feel free to private message me. ❤