Chapter Five

Back to Clarke's Point Of View:

"So, how about this one?" Octavia says, as she points to the outfit she has laid out on my bed. It consists of ripped skinny jeans, pink sneakers, and a black tanktop that exposes my stomach slightly, with my favourite quote decorating it: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Absolutely." I say, taking the outfit into the bathroom to change.

I walk out ten minutes later, my blonde hair in a braid, mascara, and lip gloss.  Octavia is changed as well, but her outfit is a bit more, how should I put this, outgoing. Outgoing, meaning, pink ripped tight jeans, and a black crop - top, her dark hair spilling down over her shoulders.

"Will Bellamy approve of your outfit,  Octavia?" I question.

"He's not my keeper." Is her reply.

Suddenly,  my phone chimes. It's a text.... from Bellamy. Speak of the devil. It reads: Hey, Princess. It's Bellamy. The party is at 52 Walden Ave., at 7:30pm.  I reply with a simple Thanks, and check the time. 7:15.

"Ok, ok, just a question. " I say under my breath. Then out loud, " let's get going."

*****

Fifteen minutes later, at exactly 7:30,  we arrive at Miller's house. Music blasts from the backyard. Octavia and I walk up to the door, and knock. Miller answers, accompanied by a barking pitbull.  I jump back at the tanned dog.

"Pepper.  Settle down." Miller scolds. The dog- Pepper- stops barking, sits, and wags her tail. She's so cute. Well, when she's not showing you her many teeth. "Sorry about that.  She's a bit overprotective."

"Sounds like someone I know." Octavia scoffs.

"I'm here, you know!" Comes a voice from inside the house.

"Bell, does it sound like I  care?" Octavia says, stepping in, and walking out back.

"I'm Clarke." I say, extending my hand.

Miller shakes it. "Figured. I assume you know who I am, so, yeah. Anyway, party's out back, almost everyone is here, do knock yourself out. Not literally. " He smiles, and step aside, allowing me to step in, and head out back, Pepper on my heels.

Miller's backyard is amazing. Lights strung every where,  the pool lit up, a bonfire going, it's plain out awesome.

"Looks good, eh?" Bellamy comes up behind me, giving me a fright.

"Uh, yeah." I reply, turning to face him. "I've never actually been to a party, so I have nothing to compare it to." I smile sheepishly.

"What?" Bellamy puts on a face of mock surprise, causing me to laugh. "The Princess,  never been to a party?"

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up." I punch him gently on the shoulder.

"Bellamy!" One of the guys calls him from the pool. "The hole of water is here for a reason!"

Bellamy smiles at me. "Well, I've got to go drown someone,  but I'll see you later." He takes off his shirt, and I can see that he is in very good shape. I did not know a teenager could have that many muscles. I turn away quickly, and head over to Octavia and her friends.

A few hours later, the sky is pitch black, the music respectively turned down, to please the neighbours, and I sit at the edge of the pool, dipping my feet in the lukewarm water. Bellamy swims over to me.

"Hey, Princess." He greets with a smirk, resting his arms on the side of the pool. His dark curls stick to his forehead, and I have to resist the urge to brush them away.

"Bellamy." I greet back with a smile.

"What have you been up to?" He questions.

"Just hanging out with Octavia, and her friends." I reply.

"That doesn't sound like too much fun." He smirks. Damn, that smirk.

"No, no," I put my hands up in defense, "it was fun, really."

"Well, the party isn't over yet." Before I can react, Bellamy removes his arms from the side of the pool, and grabs my arms.

"Bellamy, don't you da-" I can't even finish my sentence,  as I am pulled into the water, but not so my head is submerged. His hands grab my waist so I don't get my head wet. But now, with my luck, my shirt is sticking to me."That was cruel."

"Oh, was it now?" He draws me closer, an I can feel breath on my lips. My hands, that have a mind of their own apparently, rest on his shoulders.

"Very." All humour is drained from the situation, and it is as if it is just me and Bellamy.

"But, I think I can make it up to you." He smirks. Again. What is it with him and smirking?

"Oh, really? How do you plan on doing that?" I move in closer. Clarke, what the hell in heck do you think you're doing?!

Suddenly, Bellamy kisses me. Instantly, my mind, who is the only sane part of my body right now, tells me to pull back,  but my heart tells me to stay. Before I even know what the hell is going on, I'm kissing him back. STOP. I can't. You're just going to get hurt again. Bellamy wouldn't hurt me. That's what you said about Sterling. Sterling was different.  He was some rich kid. How can you be sure? Because I can. Do you seriously trust him? I do. You can't be serious. I am. He's a player. That was the past. Stop, Clarke, you're just going to get broken again. Oh, shut up, brain. Let me have fun for once in my life. I arms wrap around his neck, my hands in his hair, while his rest at the small of my back.

Bellamy pulls me in closer-"Keep it PG!" Someone yells, and we part. I look for the source of the voice, and hear the source laughing her ass off. Octavia. Should've known.

"How'd you like your first party, Princess?" Bellamy asks, his brown eyes looking into my blue ones.

"Amazing."

I can barely breath.