Chapter Nine

At the end of the day, with only two minutes left in the challenge, Miller and Murphy are running after each other like idiots. Miller's it, trying to tag Murphy, while the rest of us sit at the table, talking.

"I don't want Murphy to be our servant." Zoie says. "He'll just beat the crap out of everyone."

"Zo, you'll just beat the crap out of him." Jasper responds, draping an arm over her shoulders. I raise my eyebrows at this, but he just shrugs.

"I ship it," Octavia whispers in my ear, gesturing to Jasper and Zoie, "almost as much as I ship you and Bellamy."

"What?" I whisper shout at her. She can be annoying some times.

"Please, Clarke. Just confess your love to each other already." Octavia was done with whispering.

"O, be quiet." Bellamy ordered, and she did as she was told.

"TEN SECONDS!" Zoie yelled, and everyone started counting down.

Miller almost caught up to Murphy. 10. Instead, he came to our table. 8. Closer. 6. But, at the last second, he charged at Murphy. 4. Almost there. 2. And slapped Murphy straight on the back, who gave a grunt of dissaproval. 0.

"HA! YOU'RE OUR SERVANT NOW!" Octavia yells.

"Octavia." Monty whispers. "Calm down."

"Ugh. What do you want, Octavia?" Murphy asks, clearly angry.

Octavia hands him ten dollars, which she holds between two fingers. "Buy me lunch." She smirks. He snatches it.

"Anything for the Princess?" Murphy sneers, walking over to me. I put my hand on Bellamy's arm so he won't lash out on Murphy.

"No." I reply flatly. "Go buy Octavia her lunch."

Murphy salutes, and walks away.

Miller comes, panting, and sits down next to Bellamy, who pats him on the back. "Nice work, man."

Suddenly, an idea comes out of nowhere. "Bellamy?" I ask.

"What?" Bellamy looks at me. Damn those eyes.

"I-um-I want to go to the library. Could you show me where that is?" I smile and stand up.

"Sure." He smirks, ignoring Octavia and Jasper's suspicious glances.

Bellamy walks with me to the library, or the stairs by the library at least. And then he crashes his lips to mine.