Chapter Eighteen

Hey guys. I'm running really low on ideas, or as someone would say, writer's block. So of you have any ideas, please send them to me, and I will give you full credit.

I lay awake in my room, staring at the ceiling. It's 2 in the morning. I really should be asleep. Why is Bellamy being so rude to me? What have I ever done? Maybe he's just being overprotective of Octavia. Well, I mean he's obviously being overprotective of Octavia, but why take it out on me?

I decide that sleep is more important than worrying myself to death. Heaviness takes over my eyelids, and I drift into sleep. Just before I'm about to float into unconsciousness, my phone rings. Dammit, why do I never put that thing on silent when I go to bed?

I pick up my phone and look at the caller ID. Zoie. Why would Zoie call me?

"Hello?" I didn't mean my voice to be this groggy, it just kind of came out that way. It is 2 in the morning.

"Clarke?" Zoie's voice comes out in less than a whisper.

"Yeah, Zo, it's me. " I try make my voice a tad less menacing.

"Where are you?"

"At home. Where else would I be?"

"You didn't get the memo - I thought everyone was called when it happened - oh god -"

"Zoie." I sit up straight now, extremely alarmed. "Slow down. Tell me what happened."

"We were all messing around at some party thing, and we were all drunk, and then someone brought out a bow and arrow." She sniffles, then continues with a shaky voice. "Even though we were drunk as shit, we told the guy that a bow an arrow wasn't the best idea - but he didn't listen and shot it, and it hit Jasper straight in the chest - oh god - we're at the hospital, Clarke. He's under going surgery."

Tears roll down my cheeks. We couldn't lose Jasper. "I'll be right there, Zoie."

I quickly threw some sweatpants and a sweater on, grabbed my purse and phone, and ran out of my room to wake my mom up. But she wasn't in her room. A sticky note was posted on her door that read, got called in for sugery. Don't know how long it'll be. Of course.

I put shoes on and raced out the door to my Jeep. Keys in ignition, and we're ready to go. I sped all the way to the hospital, thank goodness I didn't get caught, and when I walked inside, the whole group was there. Zoie was leaning on Octavia's shoulder, sobbing. Even Murphy looked upset.

I took the free seat next to Bellamy. I wanted to be mad at him, but I couldn't at a time like this. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I let a few tears fall. After a couple seconds, I feel his arm wrap around my shoulder. I try to stay awake as long as possible, until I finally fail, drifting asleep.

Bellamy gently shakes me, and I wake up to a doctor holding a clipboard. None other than my mother.

"The sugery was difficult, but Jasper is alive." Weight is lifted off my chest at this news. "He is resting now, and may not be able to walk, and certainly no physical activity, for quite some time. You may see him in a few hours. I suggest you all get some sleep. You need it."

She said the last part looking at me. We do all need sleep.

"Everyone can stay at my house." I find myself blurring out. "It's the closest to the hospital, and we've got a guest room and a couple spare matresses, don't ask why so many."

"Sounds good." Bellamy says. "O, take the care home," he tosses Octavia the keys, "I'll drive Clarke's car."

I was about to protest, before he butted in and looked at me. "You're extremely tired Clarke. We don't need another person in the hospital."

And with that, we all headed to my house.