Part 4

The one that might break me.

Little Ted: Dad, dad! Look at what I made!

Theo Brando, second to last Brando (maybe), looked at his sons drawing of his family and smiled.

Theo: That looks great Ted. Don't forget to wash your hands before dinner.

Little Ted: Don't worry dad, I won't!

Yep, this is the day. The day that started it all.

Theo: I'm sorry Ted, I'm sorry for what you are going to have to endure. I've seen it so many times, it's hard not to constantly think about it, but any other route and I'm afraid everything would be lost.

Theo gave Little Ted another smile before picking him up.

Theo: You are the best son anyone could ask for.

Little Ted: Really?

Theo: Without a doubt!

Little Ted noticed his mother reflected in his father's glasses, she looked almost disgusted with the sight she was currently seeing.

Of course, Little Ted didn't know many emotions other than the good ones, so he just thought Maria ate something bitter.

Theo noticed Ted's focus on his glasses and looked up to see Maria with a face of utter Abhorrence.

Theo put Ted down and told him to go in from around the back of the house.

Theo: Look, I know you want to start his brainwashing early, but you know what will happen if you do that. They'll come out and try to protect his mind at all costs.

Maria: You don't even know if he is a Host, your visions could be wrong.

Theo: That's what I would hope, but sadly, this one isn't.

Maria: You can't be certain. And even if he is if we start traini-

Theo: Brainwashing.

Maria: Training him as he is now he'll be stronger than anyone our age by the time he's fourteen.

Theo: I was too foolish to see what you were doing to Number Two. The only reason I'm still around is that I need to make sure you don't try to turn him into one of your mindless brutes.

Maria: Do you really think that I would do that to my own son?

Theo: Yes. Absolutely. Without a doubt.

Maria: Then why are you still with me?

Theo: I just told you.

Maria: No, you told me why you're still around, not why we're still married.

Theo: Well the answer's the same.

Maria: I wouldn't do that to my own son, I'd treat him like one of my girls.

Theo: Mari, tell me truthfully, why do you still want to be married to me?

Maria: Well, you're one of the last of your clan.

Theo: That you had killed. By Ref no less.

Maria: Besides the point. I just want more of you.

Clone: Well I can create clones, so if you wanted more of me you could have just asked.

Maria: You know that's not what I meant.

Theo: One, if you wanted more Brandos then why'd you have them all killed? Two, there's no way I'm fucking any of your little sluts.