Chapter 22

The one about a strange person.

With ???~

The sun shined in through their window, the person shielding their eyes from the big ball of plasma.

"Shite... it's morning already," the person groaned out before clearing their throat and reluctantly getting up and out of bed.

Later~

The person is eating cereal until they spot a peculiar sight.

A ghost-like figure was sitting across from them with a melancholy smile on her face.

"Oh, morning mom," the person greeted, the ghost-like figure waved before disappearing into wisps of smoke. "...see ya around."

After finishing their breakfast the person got fully dressed before heading out, seeing a few more ghost-like figures keeping close to the occasional jogger he passed by.

As the person walked by a peculiar person with more than a dozen ghost-like figures hanging around them they stopped them, starting up idle chat.

"Hey, you," the person rudely addressed the purple-eyed teenager. "You wouldn't happen to be an orphan, would you?" they asked the teen, getting a weird look before they answered.

"Yeah? How'd you know?" the teen asked, his eyes briefly turning yellow.

"Oh no, I'm not looking for a fight..." the person quickly put his hands up and backed away, "it's just that I've a pretty weird Tick that seems to passively allow me to see ghosts. They tend to stick to their loved ones even in death ya know?" the stranger explained, the purple-eyed teen backing off and looking at the person for a few seconds, deeming them not a threat.

"What's that got to do with me?" the teen asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well, I just noticed a little over a dozen ghosts around you," the stranger explained.

"Oh... well that's creepy," the teen responded as if he was on autopilot, brushing past the stranger on his way towards the subway.

"Wait was that the Hero High uniform?" the person just noticed that the yellow-eyed teen has on the Hero High uniform, a yellow blazer with an orange tie paired with brown pants.

Some students are allowed to wear whatever they want as long as it doesn't attack a certain group of people or is excessively bright and colourful. Though those students are a bit stronger than the rest.

Back to the stranger, they walked past countless people with even more ghosts stuck to them, there was even someone with like 20 ghosts following them.

"I don't know what happened to them, but I kinda don't wanna find out." the stranger muttered before walking into a coffee shop.

In the coffee shop, he runs into a pink-haired teen with a pissed off look on his face, eyes widening when he saw the teen had no ghosts following him.

"The hell are you staring at?" the teen spat at the person, they now understand how this teen could have no loved ones with such a shit personality.

"Oh, just thought you looked a bit like that new Villain, Brando." the person clarified. The pink-haired teen simply stated they looked alike.

"Tch. You're the third person to say that to me this morning. Shitty villain ruining my image." the teen spat out, pushing past the stranger and leaving.

'Who the hell pissed in his cereal?' the stranger thought, ordering his coffee.

Later~

Sitting on a bench the person stared out over a lake, seeing the various ghosts of people who either drowned or had their bodies dumped in it.