Chapter Twenty-three

The one about mental health.

Ted was getting some new gear on, different from his Hero costume but similar, having a mask and covering all skin but leaving his hair to flow.

Later~

Ted is perching on top of a water tower, Stain Style. Watching over the city with a cold look in his eyes.

Ted sensed that someone had activated their Tick not too far away, putting on the mask that covered his entire head except for the top to let his hair flow.

"Welp, guess I'm a part-time vigilante now," Ted joked before jumping out into the night.

Later~

Ted yawned as Jane explained geometric and arithmetic sequences.

'How the hell is this important for Hero work?' Ted thought while taking notes.

Later~

Ted is poking at the sandwich Rose had made for him. She's been all about healthy foods recently and he's getting annoyed already.

His "friend" group had noticed the lack of his usual threats or sarcastic remarks, looking at him with worry which he just waved off, saying he was a little tired.

"So have any of you heard of that new vigilante?" Ted brings up himself as a way to divert the conversation from himself.

"Which one?" Sam asks, his blue eyes showing concern for his friend but intrigued at the prospect of another vigilante.

"They tied up a few villains by their hair and left them in front of the police station," Ted recalled his actions from last night, suppressing a smirk.

"Really?" Caitlyn asked, looking at Ted with interest. "Well, that's just what I heard," Ted looks away to avoid any of them seeing the nervous look on his unusually pale face.

Well, it's normally pale, but now it's paler. Showing the dark circles around his eyes even more than usual.

"Have you, like, been getting enough sleep?" Ashley asks, noticing the dark circles around his eyes.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine," Ted laughed it off, suppressing a yawn that didn't go unnoticed by the other people sitting at the table.

Later~

The rest of the day continued like this. Ted's classmates and close friends being concerned for him and being brushed off.

Even in Hero Studies, when he fell asleep while putting his shoes on he continued to say he was fine afterwards.

"Ted, go take a nap in the nurse's office, you aren't fit to be fighting or rescuing today," Ezra ordered, creating an Ice Clone to escort him there.

"I'm fine! I'm at a hundred percent." Ted argued but the way he stumbled over when the clone lightly tapped him said otherwise.

"You aren't fine, Cole. Go." It was odd for David to be like this, especially towards Ted.

"Ugh... fine." Ted turned towards the main building, walking towards it and being followed by the clone.

In the nurse's office~

"Mr Bevriezen sent me up here because I wasn't fit to participate in today's lesson," Ted explains with the clone nodding along.

"And why is it that you weren't fit to participate in class?" Jay's Aunt the school nurse questions Ted.

"Cuz I'm 'exhausted' or whatever," Ted suppresses a yawn by physically stopping the air from escaping his lungs with Itsuki's Second Act'.