Chapter Seventeen

The one with an off-screen power up.

Ted and Theo jump out of the swirling blue portal onto a mountain.

Theo: Knowing you, androids?

Ted: Close, Cell.

Theo: I thought you weren't going for Cell?

Ted: I'm not, but it's not like we're in any immediate danger. We're strong enough to hold our own for a few minutes... probably.

Theo: Well let's go see a genie.

Ted and Theo cover themselves in the Fire E.C., shooting off towards a floating half-sphere.

They were noticed by a few people, some capable of blowing up planets.

Once they were about halfway there they dodged a blast of energy aimed at them.

Theo: Huh?

Ted: Below us!

Ted and Theo barely dodge the bug-like creature that grabbed at their legs

Theo: What th- Cell?!

Ted: Tch, didn't think we'd encounter him so soon.

Cell: You two... are weak. But you're stronger than most.

Theo and Ted got angry.

Theo: We'll kick your fucken ass! Shitty bug rip-off!

Ted and Theo fly at Cell, both landing solid hits that did absolutely nothing.

Theo: Huh?

Ted: So anyway, I started running.

Ted switches out the Fire E.C. for the Lightning E.C., falling to the ground and speeding away.

Theo turned into a slime-like thing that flung itself onto Cell, burning him.

Cell: Shapeshifter? No... you would have turned into something to get away if that was the case.

Cell pondered as he slowly burned.

Theo: I'm not just going to explain my powers.

Theo jumped off Cell, returning to his normal form as he glared at Cell.

The two stare at each other before they're both encompassed in darkness.

Theo with a smirk on his face: Have fun!

Theo used Ted's Incomplete Flying Flame God Technique, appearing next to Ted looking up at a tower.

Theo: I feel like it isn't gonna be that easy.

Ted: It's gonna be that easy. I mean, it's always that easy, isn't it?

Theo: It's not always that easy, especially when we travel worlds.

Ted: Last month we overthrew a nazi regime.

Theo: They were the equivalent of an army of eyeless.

Ted: Oh right. Well, let's get up there and hope we don't encounter any other characters.

Ted and Theo once again activate the Fire E.C., flying up and above the tower to a floating half-sphere with something akin to a temple on top.

After landing and deactivating the E.C. they walk towards the largest part of the temple-like structure, being stopped by a black genie looking person and an elderly green person with a staff.

Kami: Who are you?

Ted: The name's Ted, and this pink-haired thing next to me is Theo.

Theo: Hello.