Chapter 24

The one about friends and a little bit of family.

"And can anyone tell me when the eradication of the Brando's occurred?" Nomen, the History Teacher asks Class Z-1.

"Sixty-eight years ago," Ted says with his hand up.

"Pause. How fucking old was Ref?" Kevin asks, eating popcorn on my bed.

"Pushing 90, but because of his 2 A he looked and acted to be around 20." Not informed, setting his phone down to actually talk to Kevin.

"I'm sorry what?"

"His Second Activation, which he named Fountain of Youth, kept him young. Because of the way his 1 A worked this was the only route his 2 A could go. To make him immortal," Not explained further

"So he was already dense as fuck but then you decided that 'oh yeah immortality is pretty poggers, might as well give him that,' he was already fucking impenetrable!" Kevin ranted at Not, getting a bored look in return.

"Play." Not groaned out, letting Kevin's ranting and raving fall on deaf ears.

"Correct, Ted. Now can anyone else tell me why they all suddenly died?" Nomen asked the class, not getting any hands other than Ted's

"Why is it that only Mister Cole's hand is raised?" Nomen addressed the class with an annoyed tone.

"Because he's the only one who bothered to remember anything about the dead fucks." David mumbled, getting a weird look from his peers nearby.

"Care to explain, Mister Zuela?" Nomen looked at David with disdain.

"Look, it's common knowledge that Ted is the last Brando alive, at least in this city, besides Theo and he's a Host Spirit. He's the only one who cares enough to pay attention." David plainly states, not being completely wrong.

Many of his classmates wanted to argue but he was ultimately right.

"They may be dead and you may not care for them but they are a reason you all are alive today. Without them this City... no this entire Island would have been destroyed or left to nature, so it's nice to know why in the next few years you probably won't be able to call on your comrades because you'll be left to the vulture people call a forest." Nomen lectured David who rolled his eyes.

Later~

Ted is currently glaring at a group of idiots who came to see how the class that dominated last seasons Tournament looked now.

"Move, or I'll kill the lot of you." Ted threatened, that odd red glow in his eyes.

Most of them thought he was bluffing but a few of the weaker looking ones ran off in fear.

"I warned you," Ted was about to attack the group of students before he was stopped by an oddly cold hand on his shoulder.

"Move it, Brando." Jay had been the owner of the hand, an icy blue book in the other.

Jay wasn't in the best of moods, after receiving the news of his mother being put in a psychiatric facility he's been hunting down the guy who did it. Unbeknownst to him the culprit was currently mentally berating himself with an annoyed look on his face.

Ted activated the mastered fire cloak, floating over the group of students and walking towards the teacher's lounge.

After arriving he pulled Nomen out to talk to him.

"Thanks for um, standing up for me in class." Ted thanked Nomen who was confused but accepted the thanks.

"You're welcome, but I simply did my job as a Teacher." Nomen placed his hand on Ted's shoulder.