Chapter Twenty-one

The one with a familiar face.

After the bright light ended the last one a new Tedeo flew up before disappearing in a swirl of grey and blue flames.

"Shit, he got away." Acey punched a nearby tree with Skidgette screaming out in frustration a few feet ahead of him.

With Tedeo~

Tedeo looked differently from the last time he appeared all the way back in Chapter 8 of The Boy of Three, his hair was a dark grey with streaks of pink here and there and resembled Ted's hairstyle more than Theo's, being put into a low ponytail with the style of Theo's bangs hanging over his forehead. His eyes were in their Fourth Activation form, his pupils being elongated into white crosses. His outfit was a black turtleneck under a yellow hoodie with black and yellow sweats and black sneaker-like boots.

"Man, it feels good to be back!" both Ted's and Theo's voiced exclaimed as one.

Unexpectedly Ezra arrived on the roof via the stairs.

"Hello there, Ezra. It's been what? Three and a half months, since I fought the... what were they called again? I know it was something in German but I can't remember." Tedeo tried to recall the name of the Geistlos. "Oh, that's right! Ace called them Geistlos." Tedeo said with an "aha" expression on his face.

"I honestly am not surprised by this. You two continue to do things that I didn't think was possible till I met you two. Maybe it's just a Brando thing but you two are seriously just fucking weird." Ezra said to Tedeo as their smirk got wider with each word. "You flatter me, truly, Ezra," Tedeo smirked at Ezra before disappearing in a swirl of grey and blue flames.

"They never stick around for long when they aren't required to," Ezra concludes before pulling out a stick of Ice and biting the end.

With Tedeo~

The fusion is sitting on a roof, contemplating whose life they should live before they defuse.

'We could live as Last but he doesn't have anything to do tonight so that'd be no fun, and Brando was just about to go to sleep. Hm... decisions, decisions.' Tedeo weighed his options before suddenly gaining an idea. "That's it! We'll commit crimes and do heroic things! We'll be a vigilante for a night!" Tedeo suddenly stood up and raised his right arm into the air.

A few civilians on the street saw the strange guy with glowing yellow eyes and strange white pupils yelling about crimes and waved him off as just another crazy.

Later~

Tedeo had noticed one major thing... "I'm too overpowered!" Tedeo screamed out atop a pile of bodies.

"Umm, thank you, sir," the young girl Tedeo had just saved from the thugs they now sat upon thanked. "I don't know how I would have gotten away unscathed if it wasn't for you." the girl says to Tedeo who looked at her with a bored expression.

"I'm not much older than you. Say shouldn't a girl your age have your Tick unlocked?" Tedeo questioned, noting that she looked no younger than 13.

"Umm, sir, the age you unlock your Tick was raised after a kid went berserk almost three years ago." the girl explains to Tedeo who had an idea who the kid was.

"You don't say?" Tedeo chuckled with a nostalgic smile on his face.

The girl looked at Tedeo strangely before walking out of the alley, clutching her shoulder when she feels something brush past her.

"What was-" she's interrupted by a pain coming from her eyes.

Later~

"There is no possible way he has that much stamina now." Tedeo was flabbergasted seeing the sun rising from atop the second tallest building in the city, Scrub's Bank.