•professors & party-planning•

-
j.potter's POV
-

"Confident Git"
"God Complex"

Maybe we could get along- no no no, I hate her with everything- well no i hate snivillus with everything. "Bogarts, yes it's a 3rd year review but OWLs are coming up so everyone form a habit of taking notes." Professor Riddle stated and I leaned back in my chair from previously hunching over.

Diana was reading a book and Marlene wasn't kidding when she said she annotated them. She hunched over slightly as to look she were paying attention. "Diggory, what book are you destroying?" I whispered to her. "The Odyssey and Iliad, why are you asking, Potter? I figured you needed the refresher in boggarts." She said turning to face me which made me realize how close I had actually turned to her.

It was like my dream last night- nightmare it must've been a nightmare because I'm in love with Lily Evans. We are meant to be together and I've known that since I laid eyes on her unlike Diana who I took one look at and knew she was far from what I wanted.

But her eyes- oh Merlin her eyes were gorgeous. That's something I'll never admit to her, however I was pulled away from staring into her eyes by a not hitting my face.

"Sorry I was ruining flirting with the enemy, Jamesie, but how about we become animagus' for Remus? Oh oo we need to see our patronous' first. now kiss her before the anticipation eats me up!
-S.Black

"Sirius needs to work on his aim." Diana said pretending to pay attention since Professor Riddle was looking over at us. "Ms. Diggory would you and Mr. Potter care to share what you've been discussing the whole class?" Professor Riddle said and before I had time to think, I spoke. Shit, Godric help me.

"We were discussing bogarts sir but in more depth then you spoke like what if a student conjures a dementor, would you need to cast ridikulus or a patronous." I answered and then the Professor turned to Diggory , "Was he distracting you, Miss. Diggory with his incessant ramble of a question?" Terrific. Diggory had just been handed the final screw to nail in my coffin before I'm sent to Mcgonagall or worse, Dumbledore.

"No sir, I had asked the question he answered, originally." Diggory responded. She covered for me, why the fuck did she cover for me? "Moving on, Boggarts-" Professor Riddle continued, "Thank you, Diggory " I muttered actually paying attention. "Say it again it sounded nice to hear you be grateful." She muttered back and looked me in the eye, I was speechless. Did I fall asleep again?

"Merlin, I'm just kidding, Potter, don't mention it." She said with a slight chuckle before returning her full focus to the class. Maybe Sirius and Remus was right, she isn't all that bad- but I still dislike her very much.

She's like coffee to me, a strong distaste but can be useful from time to time.

When class was dismissed and Diggory was out I was met with Sirius and Remus smirking while Peter was enjoying a sandwich he made earlier. "Why are you all so giddy?" I asked and we walked behind Lily and Snivillus and Diggory. But at a distance. Godric I hate him so much he's a terrible influence on them I mean he's obviously in love with lily and I don't know if he's scheming anything with Diana- woah that part of the my thought shouldn't exist.

"Tell me the one good thing about, her." Remus said. "Her eyes are her best bloody trait now can we move on, please?" I said getting annoyed. "Wow she's growing on you." Sirius said, "like black mold, Sirius." I said and Remus chimed in, "What is this, day 2 of her saving your ass?" yes it was but it doesn't need to be rubbed in my face.

"How'd you sleep last night, James?" Sirius brought up again. "Well enough." I said while teeth were gritting, he had his arm around her. A finger playing with the coils for her hair. "I wonder why-" I cut off Sirius, "Why does he think he can just put an arm around her like that?" I said and Sirius became confused. "Snape's
arm isn't over Lily-" and Remus added, "It's bloody over Diana."

They sounded shocked and I realized they were right, why was I so bothered? "I just think he's terrible for anyone even the spoiled bitch." I said as a cover, why did that make me so mad? "I have an idea." Oh Merlin help me if Sirius has an idea-

"Oi Diggory! Come 'ere a sec!" Sirius called out and she said good bye to lily and Snivillus before heading over to us. "Wanna hang out with Remus and I tonight?" Sweet Salazar he didn't- "sure" cancel, say it was a prank- "our dorm at 8." Why the bloody hell is he smirking at her like that- "I'll be coming back from quidditch practice so I may be covered in sweat." She said and Remus a bit too quickly mentioned, "Oh don't worry James has plenty of extra jumpers" fuck you, you over grown dog man.

"Ok well you in classes." She said with a genuine smile to Remus, Sirius and Peter. She acted like I didn't exist. "You ready Jamesie?" Sirius said. "Why- what possessed you to do that?" I asked him. "I woke up at 3 in the morning to you moaning. And I thought you finally shagged someone so I was proud then I didn't hear anything so I opened my eyes to see you were asleep and dreaming of Evans-" Remus continued.

"That's when I woke up to the words 'yes Diana oh just like that' and I knew she would shag you with a 50 meter pole so, do you like her?" Remus asked. No but I'd snog her if you got me drunk enough, no I'd shag sober too. "No I don't like her I already planned a wedding to my wonderful lily flower in the summer of our 7th year." I said looking at Sirius in the eye,

"Peter's best man because you thought I'd fall for slytherin's Princess." Ive never wanted lily to shag well I want her as herself and then that would be a bonus but right now my head simply sees Diggory and wants to shag her till her forgets how to speak anything other than my name.

Just then Remus stopped walking and held his head in his hand. He always got headaches close to the full moon.

"You okay, Rem?" I asked and helped hold him up. "I'll be much better when you finally get feelings for a girl who doesn't hate you." Remus replied.