•dogs & dates•

-
j.potter's POV
-

"Run!"

"Pads what did you do?" I asked the boy next to me. "Nothing I swear." He said putting his hands up in defense. I turned to Remus across from me, he checked his watch and spoke. "Well lunch just started so Ranger and her bitches will be practicing for a few more minutes out on the pitch."

I looked up from my lunch plate of food to see the slytherin quidditch team sprinting into the great hall, however they were missing the most valuable or my favorite player. They were running shirtless and sweaty but mostly terrified.

Then the great hall filled with echos of barks and growls and the sound of padded feet violently hitting the ground. Ah theres my wife. Every head in the room then moved to the door where a large wolf stood, rabid.

Mouth was foaming, teeth were snarled and then as the six boys ran and screamed loud the dog continued to chase her poor, mostly likely not innocent prey.

"Ranger."

All four of us said turning back to our food. "I didn't take her as the theatrical." Peter said surprised. "This is the same girl who publicly called out a cheater, beat up someone in the courtyard, and then possesses the vulgarity to rule over the six shes chasing." Remus said.

"Quite the sweetheart." I said and Sirius smiled at the mob of screaming boys, "Look she cornered them, aw reggies terrified of dogs. I can see is oily head behind Flint whose holding Pucey in his arms. And Nott is just having a breakdown back there." Sirius said hunching over the table.

Minnie soon came in the great hall, "Students, please don't be alarmed." She quickly made her way over to the boys and picked up Diana whom had calmed down, almost snuggling into Mcgonagal, "We to fix this." Remus said.

"Oi! Minnie! That's my dog!" Sirius stood up saying and then he ran to her, "Mr. Black, it is not allowed to have pets and I'm pretty sure this dog-" and Sirius cut her off and taking Diana into his arms and said, "Snuffles, her name is snuffles." He said and we could see Diana play along as she was aggressively licking Sirius' neck.

"Now, Mr.Black, clearly training animals to attack rival houses is against the rules I must take away house points on account of harm done." Mcgonagall said. "They're physically fine." Sirius said sizing up Regulus.

"Emotionally, Sirius. Emotionally."Minnie said and then pet Diana before taking her. "I'm going to be flooing ms. Snuffles to your humble abode now." Minnie said and then walked out of the great hall.

I looked over at Remus and we causally- well who am I kidding we chaotically ran to my room so that we could floo to Amos' before damage was done.

"You bought a fucking dog?"

"Hi Amos."

The four of us said as he stood holding Cedric and Minnie was clearly gone and out of sight. "Minerva Mcgonagall just entered my unclean, messy home because you got a fucking dog, Sirius?!" Amos said.

He pushed up his glasses and put Cedric on his play mat and the four of us stood before Amos. His hands on his hips and ready to lecture all of us. "I cannot believe yo- Ah fuck! That's Diana! Diana's a dog!"Amos stood screaming as Diana was now transformed back to her normal state and playing with Cedric.

"A Wolf actually now if you excuse me. My nephew is stopping me from strangling Sirius." She said and didn't look up. "You kicked me!" Sirius said and pointed a finger. "You named me fucking snuffles?!" She said and looked up at him.

"And Cedric look how big you are. Oh my goodness I could just eat you up." Diana said in a baby voice, turning her attention to the baby boy, peppering kisses all over him and hugging him.

"Amos." Remus said putting his hand on Amos shoulder. "My sister can turn into a dog?" Amos said in a whisper. "But why is she wearing clothes? Did they shrink and turn invisible-" and I cut him off.

"She's an unregistered animagus, it's literally magic that she's wearing her quidditch uniform. She was at practice before she started this mess." I said and he turned to his sister.

"What did you do now?"

"Oh I just taught some racists a deserved lesson, didn't I, Cedric? Yes I did! Oh yes I did!" The baby voice continued as she answered the question toward the boy and not his father.

"What did they do?" Amos asked and crossed his arms.

"They said that the guy who's hexing first year muggleborns is a hero and they should've had the idea months ago." She said looking up as Cedric played with her rings, specifically the one we match.

"It's just shocking and hard to believe and OH Merlin." I then faced the direction Amos was and understood the shock. Cedric stood up. "My boy is only using two of his limbs." He said shocked. Diana's face held the largest smile I'd ever seen.

Cedric placed both his hands on Diana's palms and took a step toward her, "Just like that, Ced." She said and he lifted his other foot. "Cedric is walking." Amos said smiled. "Diana that's it, your coming home more so that he goes through more milestones." Amos said and crossed his arms before picking up Cedric.

He spun around with Cedric and said, "My boy can walk! Yes he can!"