•caught & candid•

-
d.diggory's POV
-

"What. The. Fuck."

James and I heard and we turned to see Ted holding Dora in one arm and a grocery bag in the other. "Ahaha fuck." Baby Dora says and Ted muttered, "Andy's gonna kill me but you." Ted said and changed his stance.

He pointed two fingers at us and a hand on his hip, Dora sliding down, "fuck, haha." She kept muttering. "You just gave head in the kitchen- MY kitchen. Black owes me money now." Ted said and began to walk toward the part. I moved in front of him, placing my hands on his chest.

"Darling, go back to party I got this." I said and nodded to James. He smiled and walked back. "Diana, 65 galleons are on the fucking line." Ted said pointing a finger to the ground.

"I'm sure you all have better things to do then to bet on my love life but I will get you your money just not now." I said putting my hands out in surrender. "Diana, I have a baby on my hip who only speaks sailor , 65 galleons coming my way, and a kitchen to clean up. Step aside." He said.

"Theodore Tonks, I will call andromeda right now and tell her Dora's first word was fuck and not only that but she missed it." I said and he nodded. "I won't tell Sirius if you don't tell Andy that she missed Dora's first word." Ted said and held out Dora's hand. "Oh ok my pretty little baby." I said speaking in a baby voice and shaking her hand.

"Goodnight Tonks." I said and walked away. "Good night Potter." He said as I walked away, huh I like that.

"Diana what the fuck happened in the bathroom." Sirius asked, obviously drunk and Holding onto Remus for most of not all his support to stand. Remus only smiled down at the happy Sirius in his arms.

I looked at Arthur and Molly who smiled at each other as the music changed around us and it was a slow dance. "Dress wasn't cooperating, Padfoot." I said and looked at James who had a drink in his hands.

After little convincing he wore many rings on his fingers tonight and he looked so handsome in his dark blue suit. Everyone here knew that James was my date to this wedding. To their knowledge- as a friend. So James walked up to me and had to ask, "A dance, me lady?" So that he could come off comedic.

Remus and Sirius started dancing first and then Evanna and Amos. Amos had been growing worried. Evanna had been getting sicker and sicker as her pregnancy went on, and when she goes to st. mungos to bring Baby Cedric into the world, we don't know if she'll remain in it much longer.

Amos told me that the ultrasound they went to last time showed something called placenta previa- the baby is growing in the wrong place in her uterus and that since Evanna is already high risk due to her age and family history that they need to have a lot of hope.

Amos looked very relaxed tonight though with his wife in his arms and his head atop her as they swayed to the music. "Stop thinking." James said and I finally looked at him. "That's not possible for me." I said and he made a face.

"Now your lying to me." He said and I laughed. "I want you to stop overthinking and look at me." James said and gripped my waist tighter. "We are in the three broomsticks with the people we care about the most. Wearing fancy clothes and you can't enjoy that? That's too brooding even for a Slytherin." James said and looked at me in the eyes.

He placed his forehead on mine, "Now tell me the first thing that's coming to your mind, right now." James said and I did, "You make me sleep better." And he laughed, "Go on." He said and kissed my temple, making it look as if he simply scratched his nose.

"I have a recurring nightmare that starts off as my perfect future, and then it twists into my biggest fears. Whenever I don't sleep with you, I have that dream. You make me sleep better." I said and he looked almost stoic.

"That's the cutest and most vulnerable thing you've ever said to me. What the fuck, Ranger I'm gonna cry at this wedding- so you know how long my makeup took me?!" He said in a fake panic before smiling down at me and said, "Well you are all I ever seem to dream about." James said.

"You heard Padfoot." He said and shrugged as we still slow danced, "They haven't had a peace night since 4th year. I always wake up to them yelling at me for moaning your name." He said and ranted. "Bloody hell woman, I hated you and wanted to fuck you like it was the last thing before the world ended." He said and I laughed.

"Was it my personality?" I asked. "It was your thighs and your eyes. And also Sirius talking about those things a LOT. Oh Merlin it was like her planted a seed in my head that grew into a fucking bean stock or however that muggle story goes." James said and I laughed harder, leaning my head onto his shoulder.

"James Potter." I said and he looked at me, bitting his lips and said, "Hmm?" And I asked with a smirk, "Can I take you home tonight?" And then I winked. "I- well damn that was straightforward and yes. Definitely, absolutely. Si, whatever it takes to make you sleep well." James said.

"Oh no, darling your wrong now. It's for a lack of sleep." I spoke and he dropped his jaw. "Now?! Can we go now?" He asked me and I whispered in his ear, "Good things come to those who wait, darling." I said and he practically whimpered with anticipation.