•patronus & patronizing•

-
j.potter's POV
-

Diana had fainted in my arms as Remus transformed back and panted not even noticing me yet. I handed out his clothes that I brought for him and he only glanced at me. "Thanks mate." He said then once he put them on he looked at me.

"Oh my- Merlin did- did I do that to her?!" Remus said nearly falling over and clutching himself. "She should be fine let's just get her to madam Pomfrey." I said to him and he walked a decent distance away from her as I carried her bridal style.

"She's never gonna want to talk to me again or even be near me." Remus said running his hands through his hair. "She didn't see you. She collapsed on me- she doesn't know." I said to him and then it seemed to have made it worse as we entered the infirmary.

"Madam Pomfrey- Madam Pomfrey!" I called out to her as carried Diana towards her. "Oh heavens boys, what's happened? Set her down on the bed." She said and I did so. "We were walking this morning and she slipped and fell and landed on her arm." Remus said scratching his neck. "How exactly did she fall?" Madam Pomfrey asked. "Whomping willow" Remus and I said at the same time.

"Ok well I'm tasking you with one thing, you need to get her brother Amos." She said to us and nodded- almost immediately sprinting to find him. "Amos!" Remus yelled in the great hall and he stood up. "What the bloody hell did she do now- oh I see James is here, whatever she did to you now I apologize." He said while walking towards us.

"She's in the infirmary, Amos." I said to him and he ran to her. When Remus and I got to the door way of the infirmary again, he was at her bedside talking to Madam Pomfrey and we stood at the doorway. "Come in, boys, c'mon." She said to us.
"Thank you so much for bringing her here." Amos said.

She started moving and twitching and then her amber eyes opened. "What- where am I?" She asked holding her head and looking around. "James-" she started and Amos hugged her very tightly. "I know I make fun of you for being clumsy all the time but Godric, sis, the whomping willow?" He asked and she smiled. "Since I'm fine now-" she tried getting up and Amos stood up.

"I can't watch her, today because I have NEWT prep in every class so Madam Pomfrey-" Amos asked and she answered before he could finish. "She can't stay her since she's lucid and bandaged so to make sure you don't have a concussion so you know someone who I write a pass to miss their classes today?" And Amos answered shockingly. "These two, I trust them the most for her safety right now." Amos said pointing to me and Remus.

Diana looked at her arms and poked at it, wincing at what she was doing to herself. "Ok then, boys take her to her dorm and I'll get you out of classes." So Amos helped her stand up then she was passed into Remus and I's arms. "So you brought me here directly from the shrieking shack?" She asked, "Yes, we did Diana." And then we made a turn into the Slytherin common room, where we were met with Regulus.

"What did you do to her?!" As he said that it was as if the entire Slytherin quidditch team and the black sisters were summoned, all wands pointed at us. "Reggie- you guys, I'm fine-" Diana said in a tone that made all their eyes soften but still held their positions. "You don't look bloody fine, you are being held up by two Gryffindors with an arm on each one and have blood gushing from your bandage." Bellatrix said and before anyone else could say anything Professor Riddle entered the common room.

"What the bloody hell? Miss. Diggory are you ok?" He asked her. "Yes, sir, I'm fine but would it be able for me to have an extension on an assignment- I won't be in any classes today." She said. Of course she would be worried about her classes more then her well-being. "Yes, take all the time you need and- sweet Salazar, let them take her to her dorm you pathetic inbreeds." Professor Riddle said and the Slytherin's dispersed.

"Turn left, first door on the left, password is nimbus." She said to us in a groan. I chuckled, "So sir, huh?" Remus asked and my grip on her waist tightened. "Not my favorite teacher but he still needs respect I guess." And I said, "nimbus" as we approached her dorm. And we entered. We sat her down on the bed and stood to answer her.

"So to be clear, you brought me to madam Pomfrey directly when you found me?" She asked me, "Yes we did." And she stood up and gave Remus the biggest hug imaginable. Then sat down again. "What was that for?" He asked her with a smile. "Because you aren't what the moon made you do to me last night." She said and I stood shocked- how did she-

"Diana I'm so terribly sorry I can't express how badly I feel." He said kneeling down to her bed with his head on her lap and she played with his hair. "Don't worry, Remus, I've always wanted badass battle scars and now I have them. Plus I have a plan for you." She said and I smiled at how caring and compassionate she was. "What do you mean you have a plan- this- what I have is incurable." He said with tears still streams down his face from his apology.

"I may or may not have borrowed a book from the restricted second of the library on how to become animagus' so I'm prepared." She said in one breath, "I'm not- we aren't going to let you go through this alone." She said making eye contact with me "...but first we need to do something." She said finishing her thought. "We need to cast our patronus' first so would it be possible to get Sirius and Peter here like right now?" She asked and Remus immediately walked into her fireplace and floo-ed to get them and I was left alone with her.

"So what three things can I do for you, Potter?" She asked me. "Ok do first thing, stop calling me potter. My name is James. Second, we end this whole rivalry thing, we were stupid kids when ever I disliked you the most but we can still be asses to each other all the time, and third. You help me get a girlfriend, particularly a red head by the name of Lily Evans." I said and wow it was a lot.

"Consider it done, James." And when she said that I smiled at her, "Very well, Diana." And then we both laughed. Remus then came back in Diana's room with Peter and Sirius. "Ok so everyone needs to think of a happy memory or thought and say the words expecto patronum and flick there wand." Diana said and Sirius went first.

"Expecto Patronum!" He said and then a luminescent ,shaggy dog barked and flew across her room.

"Expecto Patronum!" Diana then said and a beautiful wolf came howling luminescently across our heads.

"Expecto Patronum!" I yelled, happy thoughts right? And all I could think about was my kiss with Diana then a luminescent stag pranced around her room and made Diana laugh.

"Expecto Patronum!" Peter announced and a little luminescent rat scurrying across Diana's floor appeared.

"Expecto Patronum!" Remus said and then a larger, more masculine Wolf appeared and howled just as Diana's did. Why does this hurt?