•fights & fainting•

-
d.diggory's POV
-

I woke up in my dorm, wearing the clothes I was in last night. I was tucked into my bed with a glass water and a chocolate frog beside me on the bedside table.

"How did I get here?" I asked myself and looked around. I didn't have a nightmare so maybe the copious amounts of alcohol helped- no. No they didn't because as I looked on the floor was a passed out James Potter. What the fuck happened last night?

I got out of bed as silently as I possibly could and went to my bathroom to change. I put on some shorts and a sweater Molly had made with a D on it back when she was learning how to knit.

I walked back over to James to see his glasses still on and him sprawled out on my floor with his quidditch sweater as a pillow. Well how am I going to explain that to him? I took off his glasses and put my comforter over him before sitting as my desk with my arms crossed. I had three questions:

1.) What happened after I talked to Ted at the bar with Arthur and Amos

2.) why is James Potter sleeping on my floor

3.) what did I do or say in the time I don't remember before going to sleep.

I kept thinking and thinking about this until I heard groaning and I saw james head stick up from where the bed gave me vision. He looked at the bedside able and said, "Aw she didn't eat it." Disappointedly and I said. "I'm not usually hungry in the mornings but thank you." And he turned to me with a small smirk.

His eyes were bloodshot however and his face swollen. He'd been crying by the looks of it. "What's wrong? Did I make you feel like this last night?- about that I don't remember last night at all." I spoke in an anxious rush and stood up and sat on the edge of my bed that was facing me and desk.

"No last night I saw you get black out drunk and walked you here to the campus but then you passed out and I carried you to your dorm." He spoke but her hunched over and looked at the ground. "James who hurt you last night?" I asked him and now he knew I was serious.

"Um Lily broke up with me because she saw me with you." James said and looked at me and my mouth fell open. "I am so sorry-" I tried but he lifted his hand in the air to stop me. "I fell out of whatever love I felt for her a while ago but it always hurts to be cheated on. With someone you despise for the entirety of your relationship." He spoke and I stood up.

He looked up at me and a few tears fell down from his eyes before I engulfed him in a hug. I was sitting on his lap with my legs around his torso and my arms around his neck and let him cry into me. For what felt like hours but he needed whatever comfort I could give him. I'd ask about whatever involved me after he was ok. That was all that mattered right now.

When he stopped crying we still stood in that position he tilted his head up from nuzzled into my neck and said in my ear, "You didn't do anything bad last night. You said something I've been wishing you would say for a while because I feel the same and since you probably forgot." James started but he paused and moved away from me slightly.

"I'm sorry for what happened on New Years, and your birthday and for ignoring the past month. I want us to be that close again." He said and I smiled and hugged him again, thank Merlin I drunkenly told him I missed him and wanted to be friends again and not that I was in love with him.

"Um I have to go to my dorm and talk to Sirius and Remus, I don't know for the life of me where Peter is or has been but they might send out a search party." James said and got off of him. He walked to my fireplace place with his cloak in his hands and with floo powder in another he said, "you can keep my sweater, but I'll have to borrow it for matches." And with that he left.

✨🪄🔮🪄✨

I changed into my uniform and I went to the library to study for charms tomorrow but I fell asleep. But I woke up to the sound of chanting outside. Severus Snape and James Potter we're having a duel. And James was wining. As I got closer to the crowd I heard Sirius shout, "Nice one James!" And then saw Severus hanging upside down in the air.

"How does that feel Snivellus?" Sirius said and James laughed like a hyena. Before I could do anything, Lily came and screamed for James to let him down and he did. "Stop!stop!" Snape was yelling and when he got down all that was heard was, "I don't need help from anyone, especially mudbloods like you!" Snape said and shoved Lily off of him when she tried to help him up.

I was towards him and threw my robe down and people stepped back. I loosened my tie and rolled up my sleeves and I aggressively headed towards him. "I didn't mean it I was just angry-" Snape began to say. "I do not care for your anger you intolerant jackass." I yelled out and now everyone had truly stepped away.

"Diana-" he tried to say and he put his hands up. "By what logic do you have to say that word?" I yelled at him and stuck my wand under his jaw. "I-" and I cut him off. "You are nothing but a grease coated, slimey, selfish Halfblood! Is that want you want to be called? And not even that- your a fucking side chick!?!." I screamed and everyone gasped.

"That's right everyone!" I yelled and Snape shook his head. "Lily Evans has been fucking Severus Snape the past few months." I yelled and Lily looked shocked. I turned my attention back to Snape and said, "You have no right to call her anything and now." I said and stepped back, dropping my want to the floor.

"I'm going to settle this the muggle way." I said and tackled him to the ground. Punching him countless times in face. He did put up a struggle but at some point he simply lost consciousness- but I couldn't stop.

Someone eventually pulled me off of Snape but I got out of their arms and four people had to hold me back. "Get off of me!" I screamed and I was dragged inside. I heard another person walking behind me and the people decided to restrain me. And then we entered my dorm.

I turned to see Amos, James, Remus, Sirius, and then Arthur carrying my things. "Peter's taking Snape to madam Pomfrey." Arthur said and then Sirius was biting his lip. "What the fuck was that?!?" Remus asked crossing his arms. "I didn't do anything wrong!" I said and Amos walked closer to where I sat at my desk.

"Diana Cordelia Diggory you could have killed him!" Amos yelled and I turned to James. By the blood on his shirt he was the one to originally pull me off. "I'm sorry." I said and then looked from James' eyes to Amos' "I'm sorry I don't regret my actions." I said and Sirius stopped biting his lip and released a smile.

"Im so glad she hit him." Sirius said and he chuckled. Amos and Remus looked like they were questioning my ethics and James couldn't stop looking at my sleeves. "I didn't want to kill, I simply wanted to show him a lesson and I did. But I do have one regret." I said and I looked at James with a smile then my blood soaked sleeves, "I've ruined my favorite white school blouse."