•sleepless & sadist•

-
d.diggory's POV
-

"Good Evening students." Professor Mcgonagall said as we all took a seat in the great hall. I sat beside Regulus on the edge of the Slytherin table. He seemed colder. He didn't laugh and joke or smile. Which is the biggest shame because he and Sirius have the prettiest matching ones.

"For this school year at Hogwarts, the class of '79s heads are." I hate Mcgonagal's pauses. "Gryffindor, James Potter as head boy. Please stand up Mr. Potter." She announced and I seemed to be a lone clapper at my table.

"Diana what the fuck?" Lucius said bitterly in a hushed tone while looking at me. "What? Everyone else is clapping, if you'd like to be angsty and brood you can always do that in your dorm." I said and I could see Regulus bitting his lip to hide a laugh.

"Diana, what's that shiny things on your robe?" Finneas said looking at my pin from a distance. "Slytherin, Diana Diggory as head girl. Oh and she's already standing." Mcgonagal added as I shot up.

"Please ensure to ask them if you need anything if not your houses prefects. Now you may sit." She spoke and I sat down. "Listen assholes, I will eat your asses out so don't let me catch you." I said to Vincent, Finneas, and Marius nodded.

"How the fuck did you get head girl?" Lucius asked genuinely puzzled. "You beat someone up, you verbally harassed someone else, and I'm pretty sure other unspeakable things in the same day." Lucius said. "I have a lovely personality." I responded to him smiling. "Mcgonagall didn't wanna lose a bet." Regulus said before he drank his water. "Ah That makes sense." Lucius said and then continued his conversation with Severus.

"So about the wedding this weekend we get to leave the grounds for- oh your not invited." Regulus said nervously. Yay I'm not invited. "Whose getting married?" I asked while I ate. "Rudolphus Lestrange and Bellatrix Black." He said and I was- well I should've been shocked.

"It was supposed to be yours and Sirius' but then you both got disowned. All of us are under orders not to talk to you but your head girl and our captain so we are breaking it slightly." Regulus admitted. "Well Merlin Regulus shut the fuck up." Marius said with food in his mouth.

"You're not supposed to tell her." Finneas moaned. "The only one actually listening is Nate and it's weird, I don't quite know when he'll break." The six of us moved our gaze to the boy across from me. Nate was simple boy, not much went on behind his eyes but sports and women. Imagine our shock when we watched him attempt to memorize every detail about a brick in the wall.

"Diana he's not going to-" Vincent attempted to say before I held my finger out against his lips. Nate clenched his jaw, trying his hardest to look away, "I can't wait for the head girl private bathroom." I said, Lucius and Severus suddenly intent on Nathaniel's reaction.

"Mmm the steamy, hot baths I can take. Running my hands over and over every inch of my body with foamy soap." I said and Nate's eye twitched but Marius looked with his jaw dropped. "But then again there's always a certain spot I can quite reach on my own, as deep as I try. But I wouldn't know anyone interested in helping-" and then he turned to us and slammed his hands on the table.

"Bloody hell! Merlin Diana I volunteer! blimey! I'm sorry I tried following a direct order but fuck I'll do it more often if I can hear about your hot and steamy alone time." Nate said and rambled about my words until he was out of breath. "I was wrong." Vincent said and laughed.

Dinner soon ended and I walked back to my new dorm. It stood in one of 3 door ways, the one in between was the private common room and the other was James's room. I can't wait to sleep. I haven't slept since Cedric and the triplets were born about 3 months ago. And she's already pregnant again, at this point I might invest in a cage to keep Arthur off of her.

I entered my door to a room about the size of my room last year but bigger and without a bathroom. It had a door next to the desk that lead into what I assume is my common room and then another for a closet. The closet was bloody giant for only a few items.

I hauled my trunk over to the closet as it had been by the bed when I walked in and started hanging my dress. Thank Merlin I didn't have to work today but I will tomorrow and then everyday after that. As moved out of the closet I stubbed my toe on my trunk and fell face first over it. Lovely way to welcome the new dorm in.

"Darling are you okay? I heard a loud bang and- oh Merlin your face down on the floor." I heard James say coming in through the common room dorm. He helped me up to sit on the bed and I looked at him. "Are you ok, love? Does it- why are you looking at me like that?" He said confused. Because I love and adore you and I've missed you and want to be with you for the rest of my life but I can't because if I don't get married to you in the year then I'm going to be married off to Professor Riddle and I can't tell you because you'll get freaked out and probably want to break up with me.

"I've just missed you that's all." I said and kept staring at him with a smile sunken deep into my face, my eyes glossed over. He smiled and then looked at my lips before kissing me. His hand moved to my neck as he did so and this just felt right. I pulled away and moved my gaze to his swollen lips.

"If we tell people that we're together then you don't have to miss me." He said and my internal panic ensued. "I just don't want people to look at me different." Please believe me. "Diana, I beg of you do not lie to me." He said and held on of my hands.

"James I'm not-" and he cut me off, "I know you. I know what you do when you lie and you're doing that right now." He said. "That's the thing I'm not." I said and he looked disappointed but most importantly his words sounded irritated, "You love looking into people's eyes when you talk and when you don't look into their eyes it's because your lying."

"James-" and he interrupted me once more. "Diana, If you don't want to be public I understand but I need a reason. A truthful reason." He said and I gave him that. "I cannot tell you." I said to him and something in his mind clicked and he stood up. "I don't do secrets and lies in relationships so until you tell me I- I'm not your boyfriend." He said and moved to the door.

"I'm doing this to protect you! Can't you see this is breaking me! I want to be with you James!" I screamed at him and he turned around to see my tear painted face. "I need protecting?! Don't you think I have the right to decide that for myself?!" He said and tears poured from his eyes as well.

"James please." I said and looked at him. "I want to be with you but I will not be with a liar." He said went to walk out. "You won't want to be with me anyways once you knew." I said and he slammed the door he just opened. "Can't you let me make that decision for myself?!" He asked me. And then scanned my face. "I guess you don't think I do." He spoke and then walked out.