Party Chapter 11

Ann, October 14th, 10:54 pm: ''I'm going to do something inhuman you can either stay in the car or...''

''Grayson you are not going to kill some innocent person over some liquor!''

''I already told you I would never do that in front of you, besides I don't kill people remember? I drink then erase their memory. So are you coming or not?''

''Yes.'' I get out of the car after him and follow him into the store.

He walks up to the counter and smiles at the older lady standing behind it. ''I need you to shut off the cameras then come back to serve me.'' She nods and walks off.

''How did you-'' 

''Eye contact is key. It is rude to talk to someone without looking at them.'' I'm in the middle of laughing when the woman comes back. 

''What can I get you darling?'' 

He rattles off the names of various alcohols and she goes to get them. I've heard about half of them from my dad. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. ''Are you going to pay for that?'' 

''I'll tip heavy can't put my card in the system.'' He pulls out a wad of cash and puts it in the tray on the counter. I see a fifty dollar bill wrapped up in the wad and I'm satisfied. The woman reappears with the drinks. She bags them carefully. Grayson hands me the bags and takes the heavier cases of beer. ''When I am out of the parking lot turn the cameras back on and forget this ever happened.'' 

She nods, ''Have a nice night.'' 

We take the drinks to the car putting them in the trunk under a blanket. ''Wow really sneaky.'' 

''If we get pulled over I'll just do to the cop what I did to her.'' He smirks. 

We drive to Jordan's house and there's already a lot of people there. ''Ya know I've never really been to a party...'' I admit. 

''It'll be fun I promise.'' He gets out and we grab the drinks from the back. Jordan smiles when we walk into the kitchen. 

''Thanks guys.'' He smiles unbagging the bottles. ''Buyers get first drink.'' he pops open one of the bottles containing a brownish liquid. He then pours us our drinks in red solo cups. Grayson smirks when he's handed his then looks at me. 

''Take this one slow.'' He cautions. 

I nod and take a sip. He downs his entire cup in a split second faking a reaction. My reaction wasn't fake. My throat burns with the liquid moving down it. It's a little sweet but would definitely be better in some ice. I drink the rest of it finding that I like the burn. 

''Whoa Ann chill out, you'll get drunk pretty quick like that.'' 

''Eh, my family is full of alcoholics I'll probably last a while.'' I shrug. ''Wait there is something I've always wanted to try. Jordan do you got orange juice?'' 

''You want a mimosa? I got you babe.'' He smirks and pulls out the ingredients putting the drink together for me. 

''I'll take this one slower I promise.'' I say to a concerned Grayson. 

''Fine but you're not leaving my side.'' 

''Not like I'd want to anyways.'' I step closer to him and place my lips on his. It only lasts for a moment before he pulls away. 

''More warning next time, if you don't mind.'' He says then lets out a breath. 

''Oh I'm sorry I totally forgot...'' I say then glance at Jordan. He wasn't paying attention to our interaction. 

''You're fine, I'll get better.'' He reassures me. 

''Your drink.'' Jordan hands me a cup and I thank him. He leaves me alone in the kitchen with Grayson. 

''So when were you changed?'' I sip my drink. The taste of the fruit makes me pucker my lips and Grayson laughs. 

''Let's not talk about this right now, let's just be human for a few hours.''

''Fine.'' He takes my hand and leads me through other parts of the house. He always avoids the subject with me, of him being a vampire. I just want to know the real him and that's part of who he is even if he doesn't want it to be. 

We find a place on the couch and watch the other people fill in. I go back to refill my cup a few times with various things just to try it. After a while everything started tasting the same so I just grabbed a beer. ''Okay that is your last one.'' Grayson says as I sit back down on the couch. 

''Aw why?'' I complain popping the can open. 

''Because, I don't want to take you home passed out.'' 

''Then don't take me home.'' I smirk looking down at his lips then back up at his eyes. ''Can we?'' 

He nods and I lean in. Our lips connect and move together. I open my mouth and he does too. One of his hands slides up my thigh the other cupping my face. Our tongues meet and he sucks in a breath. 

Just as quickly as it started it ended. He pushes me back, leaning away. A couple of people stare but we pay them no mind. ''I need some air.'' he says quickly and leaves out the back door. 

I stumble around the house needing a bathroom suddenly. I open a couple doors then sigh deciding to give up if this next door isn't it. I open the door and take in the scene in front of me. Jonah is laid out on the bed and Cynthia is on top of him. My eyes go wide as he moves to her neck. ''Jonah no!'' I yell and he turns. 

''Ann what the hell?'' I don't see any fangs. I mentally slap myself. He was just kissing her. 

''Get out of here you perv!'' Cynthia yells and I close the door. 

I thought he was going to bite her. My heart is pounding as I stumble out the front door. I start down the sidewalk I don't know where I am but I need to be away from the house for a moment. All of those people who saw what happened with Grayson and I then I embarrass myself with Jonah. ''Ann wait!'' I hear a voice call behind me but I ignore it. I plan on coming back I just need a moment to myself. ''I said stop!'' A hand grabs my arm turning me to face them. 

''What?!'' I turn around looking up. It's Jonah. 

''I'm sorry if I scared you, I wasn't going to bite her. I erased her memory to be safe, Ann look at me.'' 

I hadn't realized I had looked away. Everything is spinning. 

''I was- I wasn't afraid just scared.'' 

''Ann that's the same thing.'' He chuckles but I can't understand him. 

''I need to go back to the party. I'm okay now.'' I take a step and the concrete swirls where my foot lands. I stumble forward and Jonah catches me. 

''I'm going to take you home.'' 

''No, I don't want to be there.'' 

''I know.'' 

''How do you-'' I don't remember my question.

He picks me up bridal style and carries me somewhere. I'm not sure where because I was looking at him. He cut his hair earlier this month so the curls are only left on the top of his head with the sides shaved. His green eyes seem to glow in the dark when he looks down at me. I close my eyes and lean into his chest.