Jealousy Chapter 15

Ann, October 24th 6 pm: It's Monday but the guys have another game tonight. I sat with Layla again. We've been sitting together at the past couple of games. ''Hey, you ready for another win?'' She asks when I sit down. 

''Hey don't say that you'll jinx it!'' I tease and we laugh. The team comes out onto the ice Grayson gives me a concerned look instead of smiling. Apparently I wasn't the only one who noticed. 

''What's wrong with Grayson?'' Layla asks me. 

''I'm not sure, I'll talk to him after the game.'' he drove me here and he seemed just fine then. 

We lost by one point but it didn't matter. It was still a good game and I wasn't really paying that much attention anyways. I waited outside of the locker room like I've done the past few times. I hugged Jonah when he came out. ''You guys did so good!'' I say to him. He squeezes me back. 

''Yeah we'll get them next time.'' We laugh as we let go of each other. Grayson walks up a second later placing a kiss on my forehead.

Jonah walks off and Grayson takes his place in front of me. ''Is everything alright?'' I ask him. 

''Yeah we can talk about it in the car.''

''Can I get a drink before we go?'' 

''Sure.'' He smiles taking my hand as we get into the already long line. I made sure he took my right hand so he wouldn't feel the holes that are already mostly healed. 

''Good job tonight Feld.'' The coach says as he passes us in line. Grayson returns a nod. Layla is walking with her dad and smiles at Grayson he returns that as well. I know I shouldn't feel the tight ball in my chest every time a girl smiles at him but I can't help it. 

I was looking at the menu when I picked up on the conversation behind me. ''Can I get a ride man?'' 

''Sorry already got a car full.'' I turn around to see Jonah tell the other player that's okay. 

''Jonah do you need a ride?'' I ask and he looks at me then Grayson. 

''Nah it's fine, I'll find someone.'' 

''You live right next to me, might as well bring you home.'' I say I look up at Grayson who's face I can't read. ''Is that alright?'' I whisper to him.

''Not like I could say anything without him hearing me anyways.'' He whispers back. ''Sure man, we'll leave in a couple of minutes.'' I get a hot cocoa and Jonah follows us out to the car. ''Why don't you just run home?'' Grayson asks. 

''Too many witnesses.''  Jonah responds.

''Just be human for part of it. Not like you have a bed time.'' 

''Grayson why is it a big deal?'' I ask him. 

''It's not I'm just pointing out the obvious.'' He gets in the car before I can say any more. 

He starts the car so Jonah and I get in. He pulls out of the parking lot a little faster than he should but no one stops us. When we're on the highway he moves his hand from the gearshift to my thigh. He holds it upwards searching for my hand. I place it where he wants not wanting to make him mad. I realize my mistake too late. His fingers trace my palm and stop when he feels the holes. 

''Ann what the hell is that?'' He keeps his eyes on the road flipping my hand over. 

''I uh- stabbed myself with a pen.'' I stutter, scared by his tone. 

''You think I'm an idiot?'' He slams on his breaks pulling to the side of the road. He doesn't even look at me. He twists around in his seat facing Jonah. ''You fucking bit her!''