Song Chapter 21

Ann December 22nd, 2:56 pm: When we get back to his house my skin is cold and I long for the warmth of the house. "How did you pay for this?" He asks as he walks with me back into the house.

"Well ya know how I got a job at the library?" I started a little over a month ago. "That was no where near enough pay so Mr. Downs paid for most of it and I'll pay him back once I have the money."

"He's being very considerate." He says, though I think he was just saying this to himself.

"It is nice though and I'll be sure to see that your grades are tip top."

"Like it matters, I've already gone over these lessons a dozen times." He shrugs when we get back into his room.

"Then why are you failing smart guy?" I tease and he doesn't say a come back.

"What?"

"Nothing, did you get this because it looks like blood?" He says talking about the punch.

I laugh, "naturally."

"You should be a comedian." He laughs pouring himself a cup then one for me.

"A toast?" I say as he hands me my cup. "To my best friend, and the many years we will spend together."

He puts his cup to mine and we drink. "Tastes nothing like the real thing."

I snort as his laugh making me laugh harder as he joins in. When we finish I take in a deep breath. "That's not all I have planned."

"There's more?"

"There's always more." I respond I go to the table and grab my phone. "I know I said no more gifts but I did kinda make u a mix tape on Spotify. It's just fun songs to listen to while you're riding on the bike." I shrug handing him my phone. He scrolls for a moment then smirks. "What?" I ask reaching for my phone to see what he's looking at.

"Nothing I want to play a song." He taps on one setting my phone back on the table. It begins playing and I recognize it as one of my slow dance songs.

"This isn't on your playlist." I say.

"I know I did a bit of exploring and I like this one. Dance with me?" He hold out his hand and I take it.

"Fair warning I might step on your toes." He laughs.

"I think I can take the pain." He puts on hand on my waist and with the other he grabs my free hand that isn't on his shoulder. We sway to the distance piano and listen to the crescendos of the woman's voice.

His smell envelopes me, though I've been around it a lot recently it still affects me. I look into his eyes trying to find something to focus on. His eyes were already looking into mine. I notice the flecks of a darker color around the edge. He smiles as I study him and my eyes gaze at his lips. He has no scars on his face and his lips are a dull pink that seem somehow enticing.

Wait I can't. I pull away from him. "Ann what's wrong?"

"I uh- I think I need to go." I stammer not being able to think straight.

"What? But we were just dancing did I do something?" He checks his reflection in the mirror to make sure he's still human.

"Not at all I just-"I turn to leave not knowing how to explain myself.

"No." He grabs my wrist, "please I'm sorry for whatever I did. Let me fix it. I really don't want you to go."

"Jonah I- you don't understand. I can't." I look away, I can't look at him. It only makes it worse. In the back of my mind I guess I always knew but I had suppressed it until know, all the time except for in my dreams.

"What is it?" He takes my face in one of his hands turning it towards him.

"It's you, it's always been you and I can't-" I whisper and his face doesn't change. I worry for a second he didn't hear me but I know that's not possible. ''I just didn't realize it until now.'' Dreams of him have been a common thing in the past week if that wasn't enough proof of what I'm now admitting to him but his still face makes me nervous. 

He opens his mouth then closes it again. ''Please say something.'' I beg. 

He answers my plea by gently pressing his lips to mine. A subtle test to see if he could do it, to see if he wouldn't hurt me in the process. He pulls away his face slightly upturned in a smile. ''I've known for a while now.'' 

Relief floods me, ''I-'' I forgot what I was going to say as he pressed his lips to mine once again. I pressed back seeing he wasn't going to be pulling away. Our breathing became deeper as we pressed our bodies closer together. Looking for stability I backed up to the wall and he followed. He put his hands on either side of me slightly leaning down to keep contact with my lips. 

My hands find his hair pulling him closer to me, his hands move to my hips pressing me further into the wall. Just like in my dream his hands find my thighs lifting me to his height but we don't stop there. He carries me to his bed at a speed I don't comprehend, remaining on top of me his hands find the hem of my shirt and my heart starts pounding. He pulls away, "do you want to stop?"

I nod, realizing I'm out of breath. He lays to the side. "Sorry." He says.

"No its fine, I want to I'm just nervous." I admit.

"I've wanted you for a long time and I just got carried away."

"You have no idea."

"Ann," he says and we both sit up to look at each other. "I've wanted you from the moment I saw you."

My heart flutters remembering the first time I saw him, "but you were with Cynthia."

"If I had known you were coming into my life, I wouldn't have ever dated her." He says.

I blush and he places his hand on my cheek like he can rub the red away.