Chapter 5 - In Draco's Arms

Harriet was frightened.

Harriet was vulnerable.

For once, Draco was eager to be the hero.

Draco tenderly cradled Harriet's belly as she cupped his handsome face. Daringly, he deepened their kiss, groaning against her when she welcomed him readily by parting her lips, allowing his tongue to explore her mouth.

Under Draco's intoxicating affection, Harriet dropped her guard for a moment and revelled in the feeling of lying in her alpha's arms, safe and secure.

Protected.

Loved.

A dry moan of self-restraint escaped Draco's throat as he resisted the urge to shred Harriet's thin nightgown from her body and admire her changed form.

How lovely it would be to just part her thighs and.....

No.

Draco reeled in his fantasies, although from the way Harriet melted in his arms and happily returned his kiss, it was probable that the omega would have gladly accepted his advances.

The healer hadn't given instructions on the matter mentioned specifically, but in Harriet's current, weakened condition, Draco knew that making love was most likely not a good idea.

That didn't matter. Sharing a kiss with his beloved after months of bitter parting was incredible enough. Draco felt like he may actually have a chance of breaking through the icy walls around Harriet's stubborn heart.

To tease her further though, Draco pulled back from their kiss and whispered against her lips, "Don't you want to be here with me, my darling~?"

A smirk danced across his face as Harriet let out an exasperated sigh and he dared to plant sweet kisses along her jawline.

"Why not stay with your alpha and let me love you~?" Draco asked in a husky growl, kissing his way down to Harriet's bare throat, "You can nest right here in our bed.....then we can welcome this baby together~."

Harriet sighed again as Draco's lips touched her skin one last time. She managed to profoundly ruin the moment as she breathed, "I've already signed the papers, Draco."

Draco instantly pulled back. His grey eyes were narrowed in rage as he hissed, "Damn it, Potter! Why are you being so obstinate?!"

Harriet moved as quickly as she could to crawl out of his lap while she scowled and retorted, "I'm not being obstinate! I'm being rational! I told you....I've already signed the papers! The adoption has been arranged!"

"You think I don't already know that?!" Draco thundered, "That's why I'm pursuing this paternity test to stop it! I will get my child, Potter! Whether you end this foolishness and give them to me, or I win them back through the ridiculous muggle court system, or I steal them in the dead of night from whatever family 'adopts' them, I will have my son or daughter! I have just as much responsibility to them as you do, though I doubt you'll admit that.....You know, I thought Gryfinndors were supposed to be brave?"

Harriet looked angry and sad all at once and Draco frowned as she placed her hands on her belly.

"Why are you battling me so extensively?" Draco asked, "Are you that ashamed of mating with a Malfoy?"

"I'm not your mate." Harriet said quietly.

"Your body certainly disagrees." Draco said with a hint of a purr in his smooth voice.

Despite Harriet's outward resistance, Draco saw the subtle flush that graced her cheeks as she thought about the passionate moment they had just shared.