Chapter 20 - Draco's Foiled Plot

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Draco's scheme took some time to finalize.

The clothing and the dinner reservations were easy, but the custom ring he had designed for Harriet required three long weeks to be crafted.

Draco happily spent that time with his mate and his son.

During those three weeks, the midwife and the healer released Harriet from all of her postpartum restrictions, beyond the foods and drinks that would interfere with her milk, and little Scorpius celebrated his first three months of life.

Every night, Harriet slept cuddled against Draco's chest. He smiled each morning when he woke with her still laying carelessly against him, trusting him to keep her safe from whatever threat may come.

It always put a grin on Draco's lips each morning when she looked up and gazed into his grey eyes as they greeted the sunlight of a fresh new day together.

Harriet's ring was finished right on time.

When the day of the dinner reservations that Draco had scheduled arrived, his smile turned into a smirk as he looked down at Harriet that morning.

"What's that look for?" Harriet asked as she blinked up at her alpha.

She harbored a silent hope.

Would Draco finally try to seduce her again?

Harriet had been waiting for that moment to come~.

She was healed and feeling well, but she had noticed that Draco hadn't made love to her since Scorpius was born and she didn't understand why.

He had no problem flirting with her and expressing his blatant interest.

Draco was just as anxious as Harriet was to rekindle their intimacy, but he knew what was coming and he wanted the occasion to be.....meaningful.

"I have something wonderful in store for you today, Potter." Draco touted as he raised a hand and combed his fingers carefully through Harriet's messy hair.

"Oh?" Harriet asked as anticipation coiled in the base of her belly.

It was early, that meant they had a few minutes before the baby woke.

It was a great opportunity...but making love was the last thing on Draco's mind.

Harriet frowned as he leaned down and kissed her forehead.

Draco's gesture was loving and sweet, but Harriet would have much rather had him place his lips elsewhere on her.

Harriet frowned at her alpha with a disappointed pout while he stared down at her.

Anxious excitement danced in his grey eyes, but he concealed it well from Harriet.

As every man in his position feared, Draco numbly considered what would happen if things didn't go as well as he hoped, if Harriet rejected him and refused to be his bride.

Draco tried not to dwell on those thoughts, though.

Harriet had already welcomed him into her bed, given him her heart, and borne his son.

Draco Malfoy was Harriet Potter's alpha, so why wouldn't she let him be her husband too?

—————————————————————

Harriet initially felt uneasy later that afternoon, when Narcissa came to collect Scorpius well before dinner would be served.

However, when the omega turned around and saw the large, black box that sat on top of her nest, which still remained on Draco's bed, her green eyes immediately snapped over to her alpha.