Chapter 17 - Struggles

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

"WWWWAAAAA!"

Draco was surprised when he made it back to his bedroom and found Harriet already awake from her nap, sitting up in bed. His omega seemed to be eagerly anticipating his return as her green eyes landed on him when he stepped into the room.

"WWWWAAAAA!"

Draco noticed that the healer and the midwife had gathered around her.

He scowled nervously as he handed the wailing baby over to his mate and looked on as the midwife and the healer began their attempts to assist Harriet with giving her tiny son his first dinner.

"WWWWAAA!"

Draco knew instantly that he had made a mistake.

"WWWWAAA!"

Harriet's green eyes were soft and loving as he took her wailing newborn from his father's arms, but she became startled and frightened by the way the healer and the midwife took over as soon as she had the baby within her grasp.

Harriet could have managed by herself with a few polite suggestions, perhaps.

"WWWWAAA!"

Instead of letting the new mother help her baby get comfortable and prepare on her own, the midwife turned the baby into the position she thought was best while the healer yanked Harriet's nightdress down to expose her breasts without warning.

"WWWWAAAA!"

It was overwhelming to Harriet for reasons she couldn't fully explain. The unwanted touching and the sudden exposure of her naked chest felt like a violation against herself and her own intentions to help her baby.

"WWWAAAAA!"

Harriet looked at the healer and the midwife with wide eyes, unable to believe that this was how new mothers were treated, but when they refused to meet her gaze, she stared past them and pleaded silently with Draco.

When Draco saw the bewilderment on Harriet's face, he grew angry and shouted at the two women attacking his beloved, "STOP!"

Both the healer and the midwife turned around to stare at their employer.

"WWWAAAA!"

"Stop handling her like she's some sort of animal! She's the mother, not you!" Draco snarled.

"We're only trying to assist her, Mr. Malfoy." The midwife replied.

"WWWWAAAA!"

The healer scoffed as she gave her own response, "This is her first child, she can't possibly-"

Draco's handsome face was still twisted as he snapped back, "-She can, actually. My mate is more than capable of seeing to our son's needs. Stand back, both of you! If she needs your help, she'll ask for it!"

"WWWWWAAA!"

Harriet felt like she wanted to scream and cry as the midwife and the healer let go of her and her baby and stepped away.

"WWWWWWAAAA!"

Under Draco's hateful glare, both the women left the room.

Alone with her alpha, Harriet frowned down at their wailing baby while she tried to soothe him.

"WWWWAAAA!"

Draco didn't want to crowd her, but he couldn't resist the urge to kiss her cheek in appreciation  as he watched her guide their baby to latch onto one of her fattened nipples.