Chapter 14 - A Mother's Cry

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet had forgotten all about the classes that she and Draco had attended.

Harriet had forgotten all about the baby.

Harriet had nearly forgotten her name after Draco had spent an hour with his face buried between her thighs one afternoon, licking and nipping at her heated center.

Harriet had let go of all the pain and all of the doubt and all of the fear that she had been holding onto as she laid back and enjoyed the gentle affection that her alpha lavished upon her.

Her fingers clutched the soft blankets of her nest that she was safely cuddled in as she unconsciously squeezed Draco so tightly with her legs that he began to wonder if that may be the end of him.

Trapped there in his omega's nest, focusing his efforts on pleasing her and helping his uncomfortable mate relax........squeezed to breathlessness by the tender flesh of her creamy thighs.....it wasn't the worst death that Draco had ever imagined for himself.

After Draco helped his lover cross over another peak of bliss, as he felt her shudder against his lips, her grip on him relaxed, and he looked up as her legs gently slipped to drape over his shoulders.

Draco expected Harriet to give him a soft, loving glance of appreciation but instead, she frowned at him impatiently over her mounded belly.

"Sorry, Potter, have I not done something to your liking?" Draco asked sarcastically as he licked Harriet off of his lips.

Harriet whimpered from where she lay and gently spread her knees as best she could, hoping her alpha would take the hint.

Draco felt his trousers grow even tighter as he watched Harriet lie there and wait for him, with one hand wrapped protectively around her belly and one across her her heavy breasts that heaved with the movement of her chest.

Draco marveled at how beguiling the pinkness that tinted her cheeks seemed to him........

The sight was more than tempting to the alpha and his grey eyes scanned over her predatorily for a moment as he allowed himself to indulge in selfish fantasies.

Harriet her moment, it was his turn then.

He could just reach out and........

No.

No, he couldn't.

"I don't think that's safe right now, love." Draco whispered in a bittersweet tone as he let his fingers trail across the inside of Harriet's legs.

Draco reached over and gave Harriet's bare thigh a kiss as the frustrated omega whined, "Draco, you're being ridiculous. The pamphlets said-"

"The healer said that making love could start you into labor." Draco reminded his mate.

"So what?" Harriet frowned.

"So....the baby isn't scheduled to be born for two more weeks, that's what." Draco replied.

Draco picked his wand up from the nightstand and with a single wave, he cleaned himself and Harriet from their busy afternoon.

"The pamphlets say two weeks early isn't anything to worry over." Harriet sighed.

As she lay there without a decent distraction, the constant ache she'd felt in her back for days returned. She winced as she struggled to sit up more in her nest.

Draco saw the pain on her face and concern clouded his handsome features. He pounced forward and hovered over his mate. Carefully, Draco helped her pull herself up by letting her clutch onto him while he fluffed the pillows behind her and kissed her lips sweetly as she settled back.