Chapter 19 - A Difficult Customer

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The next three weeks passed by in a tiring but happy haze for the new family.

Draco was glad that he had Harriet back, really back, and that she was acting like her old self once more.

Harriet's cheeks filled out along with the other places in her body that had been impacted by her sudden and rapid weight loss. As her appetite grew, Scorpius began to fill out too, and his parents along with the healer and the midwife were pleased with the baby's steady growth.

Draco and Harriet shared parenting duties as much as possible.

There were no breast pumps in the wizarding world and Harriet didn't ask her alpha to go to the muggle realm to secure one for her, so she remained in charge of Scorpius's feedings.

Draco was more than glad to assist whenever and wherever with Scorpius's care and his desire to help extended far beyond changing and burping his small son.

One night, hours before dawn, Harriet's green eyes cracked open to a familiar sound.

"WWWWWAAAA!"

She sighed to herself quietly as she stretched her body for half a second before she stood from bed and wrapped her velvet robe around her waist.

Harriet didn't glance over at Draco in the bed but she tried to move without disturbing her alpha while shuffled over to the bassinet where her little one lay waiting for her.

"WWWAAA!"

Harriet gently placed a hand across her breasts as she walked and as she grit her teeth from the uncomfortable sensation of her milk sloshing within, she realized that she was just as anxious to see Scorpius as he was to see her.

Draco's son had settled into a nightly rhythm, he only woke twice from the time he fell asleep until the morning, which Harriet tried not to begrudge.

The books and pamphlets she and Draco had received had all warned that it may take much longer before their baby established any kind of consistent sleep pattern.

The new parents decided they would take what they could get.

Harriet bent over the bassinet and felt her nipples threaten to leak as she scooped her son up into her arms.

"WWWAAAA!"

She turned around to go and sit on the sumptuous sofa in the bedroom she shared with Draco when her eyes widened.

Draco was already there, waiting for her and the baby, with a blanket across his legs, fluffy pillows stacked against his chest, and a warm cup of tea on the wooden table in front of the sofa.

"WWWWAAA!"

"Hurry up, love." Draco spoke to Harriet with a warm smile and tired eyes as his gaze flickered from her to the baby, "My son is hungry. It's not wise to make a Malfoy wait~."

Harriet flashed Draco a grateful smile as she joined him on the sofa and cuddled against him.

As Harriet pulled the top of her nightdress down and let Scorpius latch on, she sighed in relief when Draco pulled the blanket around her and draped it across what he could of her bare shoulder to ward off the night's chill.

Scorpius snuffled quietly as he laid a tiny hand against Harriet's breast and she let her head roll towards Draco, exposing her bare throat while she whispered, "I tried not to wake you."