Chapter 6 - Spoken Desires

The next morning, a flutter against Harriet's rib cage caused her green eyes to crack open. Instinctively, she placed a hand on her belly and blinked when she noticed that something was already covering it.

A soothing scent permeated the air and she sighed as the baby in her womb gradually stilled.

Harriet blinked and looked around in confusion.

She nearly jumped out of the bed when she saw Draco sleeping beside her with his hand protectively splayed over her tummy.

Harriet narrowed her green eyes at Draco for a moment but when she saw how peacefully he was resting, she decided not to disturb him.

Besides, there was such a lovely comfort in the alpha's scent~.

Harriet drifted back into a deep, dreamless sleep as she nodded off again, too comfortable to stay awake.

The feeling of Draco holding her so closely was amazing.

Draco.......holding her?

—————————————————————

Much later that morning, Draco and Harriet both finally woke up. Draco's eyes opened first but Harriet's did the same a few moments later.

"Good morning, Potter." Draco smirked at his omega for a moment. He paused to admire how beautiful she looked before he bent his head and placed a kiss on the curve of her belly, "Good morning, my little one."

Harriet's green eyes widened at Draco's gentle gesture. She didn't want to admit to the electric shocks that Draco's kiss sent shooting through her body, but that didn't make them any less real.

"I-I didn't give you permission to do that." Harriet snapped coldly.

Draco looked up at her and blinked, "I wasn't kissing you, Potter. Why do I need your permission to kiss my child?"

"They're still a part of me, Draco." Harriet huffed.

Secretly, there was nothing Harriet would have liked more than for Draco to kiss her belly again.

Or her.......

"Not for much longer." Draco replied. His statement would have usually come with an arrogant smirk but the reality of the situation painted a very serious look on his face instead.

"A while, yet." Harriet argued.

She searched through her memory to find out why she had woken up in bed with the handsome, blonde alpha.

Oh yes, her nightmare......

"I'm sorry I troubled you last night." Harriet apologized as she cleared her throat.

Draco propped himself up on one arm and looked down at Harriet. Despite her abrasive attitude, he took his hand and began to trace soothing lines with his fingertips up and down her belly.

When Draco saw his omega visibly relax under his touch, that made him smirk again.

"You didn't trouble me at all." Draco replied, "I'm glad I could help. That's all I want to do, Potter......Help."

Harriet was ashamed of herself but under Draco's captivating gaze and his tender touch, the pregnant omega didn't have the ability to maintain her efforts of pushing him away. Another sharp flutter landed against her rib cage suddenly and Harriet winced as her hand flew to the side.

"Goodness." Draco laughed as he placed his hand over Harriet's, "Active today, aren't they?"

"You should have felt them earlier." Harriet huffed.