Chapter 8 - A Day Out

Draco and Harriet shared a leisurely breakfast together before they dressed for the day.

As Draco's thin, elegant fingers fastened the buttons of his shirt, Harriet tried not to notice the way his eyes were fixated on her while she wriggled into one of her few dresses that still fit.

"Why don't you just wear your robes?" Draco asked, narrowing his eyes as he watched his omega struggle.

"What baby stores are in the wizarding world?"  Harriet asked with a huff.

"You mean......you want us to go to muggle shops?" Draco blinked.

"Well, I'm not certain what you intend to find for a baby in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade." Harriet shrugged, "I didn't know any of the merchants there sold nappies."

Draco frowned as he thought.

In the wizarding world, preparing for a new baby was somewhat more basic than it was in the muggle world. For children from magical families, most cradles were either heirlooms or designed by a hired woodcarver and most infant clothing was ordered from a tailor or handmade.

Draco had thought that he and Harriet would interview those such artisans together and ask for samples of their work, but clearly, Harriet had a different idea in mind.

Although Draco was certain the craftsmanship would be better in the wizarding world, he was content to humor Harriet's wishes.

If his mate wanted to go into the dreaded muggle world and purchase some of their goods, then....fine. Draco comforted himself with the fact that he could always order some nicer things for his son or daughter later.

He found himself temporarily distracted when his grey eyes roamed over Harriet's appealing curves while she battled to stretch the tight fabric of her dress over her body.

"We can buy you some new clothes, too." Draco offered.

"Oh, that's alright." Harriet huffed, "I won't be this size forever."

"No." Draco agreed. The purr in his voice was unmistakable as he added, "You'll be even bigger~."

Harriet glanced up at him angrily with the front buttons on her dress open, revealing an obscene amount of cleavage as she met his gaze.

At first Harriet thought that Draco had been mocking her, but when she saw the way he stood leering at her hungrily, she realized the true sentiment behind his comment.

The smouldering look that Draco gave Harriet made the pregnant Gryffindor blush.

Draco.......:Draco liked her like that?

"Most men think pregnant women are fat and ugly." Harriet sniffed.

"I'm your alpha, Harriet." Draco reminded her.

Harriet pretended not to hear him as she attempted to finally finish making herself decent enough for an outing.

As he watched, Draco's manhood twitched almost painfully in his trousers when Harriet's cleavage bounced tantalizingly as she pulled the fabric of her dress so she could fasten her buttons.

"I just want whatever's breast.....er, best.....for you and the baby." Draco said quickly, clearing his throat.

Harriet couldn't help it.

She looked over at Draco and grinned.

It was his turn to blush then.

As irritating as it was to Harriet to be gawked at while she was trying to get ready for the day, a part of her was proud that she held Draco's attention so satisfyingly well.