Chapter 16 - Introductions

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

A dry gasp left Harriet's throat as she peered down at her tiny, baby boy, who blinked his curious grey eyes up at his mother with a frown.

Hermione and Narcissa looked on while Draco sat on the edge of the nest and reached out to touch the baby's little hand that poked out over the blanket in which he was swaddled.

A bright smile cracked across Harriet's dry lips and her eyes filled with tears as she watched the baby in her arms coo and tighten his tiny grip on his father's finger.

"Merlin, he's beautiful, love!" Draco exclaimed to Harriet.

"He certainly is." Narcissa echoed Draco.

Hermione grinned.

Narcissa was smiling as widely as Harriet, although she was sitting on her hands to resist the urge to snatch her adorable grandson from his mother's arms and cuddle him close.

"You did well, Harriet." Hermione complimented her friend with a soft smile.

"Thanks, Hermione. Thank you for staying with me." Harriet said as she reached her free hand out shakily to grab Hermione's, "Thank you all." Harriet said as she glanced at Draco, Narcissa, the midwife, and the healer.

The baby fell silent but Harriet's face twisted in pain as she lay on her back and felt her belly tighten again.

The smiles faded from Narcissa and Hermione's faces.

"Love......?" Draco asked worriedly.

The contractions for the afterbirth were more prominent than Harriet expected and she groaned as she pushed her shoulders back against the pillow.

The midwife and the healer stepped in to examine Harriet and Narcissa took her opportunity.

As Harriet blew out a breath, the new grandmother gently lifted the little bundle out of Harriet's arms to leave the omega free to grab Hermione and Draco's hands.

"What's the matter with her?" Hermione asked while the midwife and the healer parted Harriet's legs.

"Is she having twins?" Draco asked with narrowed eyes, "Is there another baby?"

"No." The healer snapped.

"Everything's alright, don't worry." The midwife said in a much more pleasant tone as she glanced up from her place between Harriet's thighs, "We're just finishing up."

It wasn't anywhere near as intense as the birth of her son, but Harriet weakly held onto Draco and Hermione as the midwife and healer guided her on easing the placenta from her body.

Narcissa barely noticed what was happening in the background while she paced around the room, cradling her darling Draco's little boy.

Her smile was bright and her blue eyes were mirthful as she looked down at the sweet, blonde newborn in her arms.

The baby cooed at his grandmother softly and Narcissa lovingly pulled the blanket he was wrapped in a bit tighter around his miniature frame.

Narcissa remembered when Draco had cooed at her like that.

Narcissa remembered when Draco had been that small and that innocent.

Narcissa didn't care that it was Harriet Potter her son had chosen, she was only glad that he had taken a mate and so kindly made her a grandmother~.

—————————————————————

An hour later, the birth was completely over and all of the mess that went along with it had been vanished away.