Chapter 12 - Family

Thank you for reading! Please let me know if you enjoy! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

A week passed by more quickly for Draco than Harriet. As the pregnant omega entered her third trimester, she noticed that her belly grew heavier and her body became more fatigued.

Draco was beside his mate morning, noon, and night. If Harriet was hungry, he had whatever she wanted to eat brought to her immediately. If Harriet was drowsy, Draco herded her back to her nest and allowed her to cuddle against him while she napped.

Anything that Harriet needed or wanted, Draco provided, and he did so with a pleased smirk.

There were few things that pleased an alpha in love more than caring for their omega and pups, even if the latter hadn't been born yet.

The morning of Harriet's ultrasound appointment, she and Draco woke, washed, and dressed before she apparated them to an alley behind the large complex that housed London's sprawling muggle hospital.

Harriet calmly led Draco out of the alley and past the span of buildings to enter the medical center.

She looked over and noticed the awed expression on Draco's face as he scanned over the buildings.

Harriet had forgotten he'd never seen a muggle hospital.

"Alright, Malfoy?" Harriet asked.

"I'm fine, Potter. It's just that St. Mungo's isn't this large." Draco remarked.

"Things are different in the muggle world, Draco. They have medications but the other treatments has to be performed by hand." Harriet explained.

Draco didn't say anything else but Harriet grinned when she glanced over at him and saw him wrinkle his nose in horror as he considered the graphic reality of what she had told him.

They made their way inside the hospital's double doors and as they stood in the sterile hallway, looking at the reception desk while people scurried about, Draco reached out and grabbed Harriet's hand so quickly that the action startled her.

Harriet looked over at him and mused over the worried scowl etched into his handsome face.

Draco didn't care for anything about the muggle world, but he was quite confident that the hospital was his least favorite.

The lights were too bright, the walls were too bland, and there were so many irritating beeping noises that he didn't know which way to look.

Draco took Harriet's hand out of instinct. He was trying to protect his omega from an environment which he deemed hostile and dangerous.

Fortunately, Harriet was aware that there was no threat to her or her baby in the medical facility.

Harriet calmly walked up to the reception desk with Draco and spoke to the woman sitting at a computer, which Draco stared at curiously.

"Hello." Harriet said politely, "I have an appointment in the imaging department this morning."

"Name?" The woman asked abruptly.

"Harriet Potter." Harriet replied.

Draco scowled as his guts twisted when he didn't hear "Malfoy" fall from his mate's lips.

"Down the hall, fourth floor, first door on the right." The woman replied with a heavy sigh.

"Thanks." Harriet nodded.

She took Draco's hand and led him away.

They followed the directions and walked down the hall until they came to the elevators. Harriet stepped inside and Draco closely followed her. The door closed and Harriet pushed the button to go to the fourth floor as she looked at Draco and warned him, "The motion in muggle elevators isn't quite as smooth as the ones in the Ministry, alright? Hold on."