Chapter 25 - Peace

Thank you for reading! Please let me know if you enjoy! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Between their secret ceremony by the waterfall, the feel of each other's touch, and the cozy warmth of their room at the romantic inn, that night felt like a dream to Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy.

Draco had arranged a wake up call for them to occur an hour before the sun rose the next morning.

Considering that he and Harriet had barely gotten to sleep by then, neither of them were particularly pleased when the inn's attendant rapped firmly on their door.

Scorpius woke at the sound as well and began to whimper until Harriet stood up, walked over, and plucked her darling baby from his wooden cradle.

When Harriet brought Scorpius back to bed and crawled under the warm covers to feel Draco beside her, she offered her breasts to her baby while her new husband let one hand cup her face as he leaned in for a kiss.

Harriet was so busy drowning in her husband's affection that she barely felt Scorpius latch on.

Draco pulled away after they finished their brief but intense kiss.

His grey eyes glowed as he looked at Harriet with a smirk and greeted his bride, "Good morning, Mrs. Malfoy~."

"Good morning, husband." Harriet replied with a proud grin.

That was the first time that Draco resented his son's presence.

If Scorpius hadn't been in the way, having his breakfast, then Draco would have gladly taken Harriet into his arms one last time before they had to apparate back to Malfoy manor.

It pained Draco very much that his tiny son was such a dreadfully slow eater.

—————————————————————

Sleep deprived but immensely happy, Draco and Harriet checked out of the inn with baby Scorpius and shortly after dawn, they returned to Draco's bedroom in Malfoy manor.

Scorpius, with his belly full and his body warmed by the blankets that Harriet had wrapped him in, had fallen back into the careless, deep sleep in which only infants could partake.

Both of his parents were a bit envious of his blissful rest as Harriet laid him back down in his bassinet.

She and Draco had changed out of their wedding clothes before they could be seen, but both the bride and the groom were so very tired they nearly felt ill.

"Do you think we have a moment before our day starts?" Harriet asked Draco as she looked over at him.

Draco glanced at Harriet wearily and nodded, "It'll be another hour or two before Mother and Father are awake, let's lay back down."

They were careful to keep their voices hushed and their steps quiet so they wouldn't wake their little boy, but Harriet and Draco walked over to the canopy bed that held their nest and together, they snuggled under the multitude of blankets.

Draco rolled onto his back and opened his arms to let Harriet cuddle against him as easily as if it was a natural, automatic motion.

He wrapped his strong arms around her and as she laid her head on his firm chest, he covered them both with the soft layers of her nest to guard against the early morning chill.

Harriet breathed a silent sigh of contentment as she felt the outer echoes of sleep's peaceful void ebbing at the edges of her closed eyes......

Draco was there with her, on the verge of a tranquil slumber after a night of wonderfully exhaustive love-making.......