[1]: 𝙎𝙚𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙏𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙨

𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘤𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘨𝘭𝘺𝘱𝘩 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥,
Luz Noceda, the only human on the Boiling Isles, wandered through a darkened cave, Eda's staff in hand as she gasped, halting as a large shadow loomed over, glaring down at the girl.

"Foolish Child!" It's voice rang out as it chuckled. "Leave this place! Before you meet your demise..."

"You do not underestimate me, Garlog. For I am the good witch Luz," The girl pointed at the shadow before placing a fist over her chest. "Hunter of Monsters."

The wind blew dramatically, before Luz landed on one knee, placing the staff on her shoulder as though it were a rocket launcher, a glare on her features.

"NOW EAT THIS SUCKAAAA... what?" She trailed off as her eyes glanced down to see a small beast, lowering the staff on her shoulders.

The creature stood in front of a lantern, the shadow drawn across only to see that it was caught, running off before Luz's hand had grabbed the scruff of its neck, Garlog struggling against the girl's grip.

"You're Garlog?"

Luz placed the Owl staff against the wall of the cave, Garlog grunting to get out of her grip, Luz soon pulling out a poster to compare the two.

The poster showed a great beast, fire in the background with the price of its capture below; 4,000 snails. Luz then held the struggling creature next to the poster, looking back and forth before frowning.

"This is pathetic..." She muttered to herself.

"Small, I may be..." The creature glared while halting its struggle. "But you will soon know fear when I lay waste to all that you–"

A chomp resonated throughout the cave, King blinking innocently while wagging his tail, Luz staring down at the demon wide-eyed, Garlog now in King's mouth.

"King, drop it now." Luz moved her arm, hoping that the demon would release the creature in his hold.

Luz released the tiny animal, King now on the floor as Luz pointed at him, King whining before darting away, Luz yelling 'drop it' before chasing after him.

"No! Not gonna play right now! KING–"

The window of the Owl House swayed back and forth, before the muffled complains of Garlog resonated, the creature now in a bottle, Luz booping his nose on the glass before resting her phone on it.

The phone beeped, now recording before she waved, smiling brightly.

"Hola Mama! You haven't heard from me in a while," The Latina looked away nervously before looking back at the camera. "It's been a week and a half since the petrification ceremony..."

The girl nervously grinned, tapping her pointer fingers together. "A week and a half since I... heh... destroyed the portal home–"

She frowned slightly, thinking back at the memory, her mouth in a straight line.

"I had to! Emperor Belos was gonna kill Eda if I didn't hand it over... so, I... blew it up with some magic fire??"

The girl then placed two fingers on her forehead, furrowing her brows in frustration, rubbing her forehead. "She's not gonna understand this..."

She then opened her eyes, smiling in determination. "It's okay Luz. Keep moving forward."

She looked back at the camera, smiling wide.