[17]

𝘎𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺,
The Owl beast walked towards the three, Luz grimacing as Gwen smiled nervously.

"Don't worry," She pulled the book out. "According to this we just have to– uh..."

The woman trailed off, frowning at the pages as the two girls looked at her pensively.

"Have to what?" Luz waved her hand in a panicked manner, Gwen turning around to face the girls nervously.

"Buy the next volume?"

The woman then showed the two the pages, Luz grunting as she held her hands out in frustration, Georgia facepalming before Eda's screech interrupted the three, King's crying interrupting as he landed in the middle of the group, facing Eda before he yelled out.

"King?!" 

Luz and Georgia yelled out his name at the same time as the small demon explained the situation in a panicked tone.

"So Lilith was feeling stressed, and uh, the light glyph didn't really work." The demon then pointed in the direction behind him. "Uh, uh... uh–"

He was cut off by a screech, a creature flying in the sky before it landed, crashing in front of Eda, the being larger than the Owl Lady.

"She turned into that thing!" King cried out, clinging onto Luz's leg, the Latina's jaw dropped open as Georgia's eyes were wide in horror.

"Sweet flea?" Gwen glanced at the beast sadly, before it roared, the two beasts charging at one another as Lilith picked Eda up, flying away as the three were left stunned, watching them fly away with wide eyes.

"That... was my little sweet flea?" Gwen then placed a hand on her chin as Luz got ready to fly.

"That means she's also..."

"Cursed, yes! Were you not paying any attention to her?!" King yelled as he climbed onto the back of the staff, Georgia pulling her staff out as an idea came to her.

"We have to help them. Will you come with us?" Luz asked, Georgia keeping her staff as they awaited Gwen's answer.

"This... this must be part of the process, right?" Gwen clutched the medallion.

"I can see you still need a little time." Luz looked down. "Alright, Owlbert, let's fly–"

"Luz wait!" 

Luz snapped her head around, seeing that her friend no longer had her phoenix staff in hand.

"Georgia? What's going on? Where's your staff?"

"I have an idea, Luz." The girl then neared the Latina. "I'm going to try and diffuse the tension between the two while you come up with a plan."

"But how are they gonna defend you! You aren't a beast!" Luz retorted, Georgia smiling slightly.

"That's why I'm gonna need you to take care of this for me."

The girl pointed at her necklace, Luz's eyes widening as the girl took it off.

"If I go full on feral, I'll need your help to put this back on, and I'm trusting you." Georgia smiled, placing the necklace in Luz's hand, backing away slightly Luz nodded.

Suddenly the girl let out a scream, fur growing out she shut her eyes in pain, Georgia now growing wings as her eyes snapped open, both the scleras of her eyes black as she was fully in her demon form, a blue wolf with white wings in her place as she launched into the sky.