[63]

𝘉𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘥, 𝘨𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘵.

He grunted as he fell onto his knees, a dangerous, feral glow in his eyes as he gripped his arm tighter, Luz standing behind him as she kept her distance, just in case. Slowly, she crept her way towards Georgia but made sure to not anger the weakened Emperor.

"You'll never make it out of here unless you stop the Draining Spell right now!" Luz demanded, her hands trying to pry the vines off of Georgia, who struggled tiredly against the restraints.

Belos looked back, trying to attack the human before a sharp grunt escaped, the pain in his body worsening. He glared, before his head lowered once more, hair falling out of place in his struggle.

"I said stop it!" Luz glared, doubt seeping in.

Slowly, the vines around her friend weakened as her eyes widened slightly before a low grumble rang out in the hall. The two girls looked around, Luz pulling Georgia up as they had seen Belos' skin turn green. He tore through his clothes as his body bubbled and enlarged. 

Soon, he had begun to resemble that monster they had seen in his mind. It stood up, spindly limbs dangling as the two girls stumbled back, eyes widened in horror at the sight. Slowly, eyes opened across his back one by one as they had soon seen his mangled visage look back at them.

–––

King groaned, his vision fuzzy as his hearing was muffled. He raised a hand to his face before spotting the other members of the group, muffled noises filling in.

"Oh, my head..." Gus complained, rubbing his head. 

Amity sat on the floor, Evelyn holding her hands out to her as she tried to help the purple-haired witch up. Alador stood defensively, almost as though fighting something off as Hunter stood over Willow.

"Willow, are you okay?" He frowned. "Come on, I'll help you up."

King closed his eyes, but the moment he opened them again, he saw Alador fighting off his abomatons, their heads exploding as goo landed on the ground, more abomatons appearing little by little.

"Dad. Dad!" Amity exclaimed, running up to her father. "Dad, are you–"

"Take this," Alador handed Amity a remote, cutting her off. 

"Dad, no–" Her frown grew. "We're not gonna leave you!"

Alador kissed her forehead gently as tears began to pool at the corners of her eyes. Willow soon ran up to Amity, Hunter following behind her as the plant witch grabbed her friend's shoulder, Alador fighting the other abomatons off.

"Amity, come on, we can't stay!" Willow cried out. "We have to go!"

Willow pulled Amity away, the abomination witch reluctantly leaving her father's side as Evelyn wished him luck, guiding the rest of the kids away. King watched as Gus approached him, kneeliwn as he looked at him in concern.

"King. King, are you okay?" Gus raised an eyebrow before King felt his eyes slowly shut.

When he next opened them, he saw Gus, the illusionist holding a worried expression as streams of yellow flowed upwards behind him. King blinked again as he felt his head being moved, and saw Hunter run over to the Head of Abomination magic with a worried look.

"Darius? Darius? Darius, wake up! Wake up!"

"I've already tried waking them up, the spell's working quickly... and efficiently," Kyle kneeled beside Hunter, placing a sorry hand on the boy's shoulder.