[80]

𝙇𝙪𝙯 𝙡𝙖𝙮 𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙮 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚, 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨, 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙. 

She let out a noise of confusion, her arms were spread outwards and she noticed jagged, yet wave-patterned cliffs looming over her being.

The Latina stood up, looking around with a frown as she didn't see any of her friends in sight, her eyes darting upwards to see a small yellow glowing figure running on the ceiling. They panted, coming to a halt. 

They then took a few steps more to get closer to the human, waving at her as Luz raised her eyebrow in confusion. Before she could say anything, the Latina was pulled into the ground, screaming as she was dragged by her feet.

As she sunk through, on the other side of the portal, Amity dragged Luz across, the Latina crashing onto the ground as her torso was completely through the portal, and appeared at the other side.

"Luz!" Amity called her girlfriend's name, and the human witch looked around, seeing all of her friends, girlfriend and mother's worried faces.

"You were in there for so long we thought you got stuck behind!" Amity exclaimed, occasionally stumbling over her words from worry.

"Are you hurt anywhere?"

Amity kneeled beside her girlfriend, placing a hand on Luz's cheek as the human girl's eyes widened in surprise. The Latina gently took Amity's hand, pulling it away as she smiled, although it didn't meet her eyes.

"I- I'm fine," She replied. "I saw something, or someone, but it was probably just in my head."

Luz waved a hand, pushing herself off of the ground as her brows furrowed at the problem at hand.

"Any sight of... him?" Luz questioned, the group knowing exactly who she was speaking of.

"Oh, come on," Hunter scoffed. "It's not like a swarm of ghosts will inexplicably appear when you say his name."

The boy then halted, placing his hand on his chin in thought before he narrowed his eyes, coming to a conclusion as his friends watched him.

"I think. Anyway," He continues. "If Belos was here, he's long gone now."

"Well he better stay out of our way," Camila hissed, tapping the head of her bat against her hands. "This Mama's hungry for vengeance!"

"Now that is a fight I'd watch!" Gus grinned, pointing finger guns at Camila, the others smiling at the mother.

As they walked through the forest, birds squawked, and the area was almost completely empty of people. Willow popped up from behind trees, her eyes narrowed and peeled for any other life form as she then announced the status of the perimeter around her to the others.

"Okay everyone, the coast is clear!" She called out before her eyes caught sight of the red grass that grew beside the tree she hid behind.

"Oh hello, red grass!" She cooed, taking the plant life into her hands. "I've missed you! I can't talk for long, we're on a mission to save the Boiling Isles."

Hunter, Georgia, Gus and Xen halted, the illusionist and the oracle smiling as they both cast an illusion spell, humanising the grass for their friend. Willow's eyes widened as the grass began talking to her.

"Willow's back! Hooray!" The grass cheered, hugging the plant witch.

Hunter smiled softly seeing Georgia giggle at Willow's happiness, the oracle so glad that her friend was finding comfort in her plants once more.