[20]

"𝘖𝘩, 𝘯𝘰, 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘶𝘩, 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦..."
Luz blushed heavily, Amity's eyes widening as she turned a bright pink.

An awkward silence occurred between the two as they blushed heavily, Edric and Emira gasping as the two smirked at one another, a plan entering both their minds.

"Edric!" Emira held the boy's face. "Your face! It's exploding with horrific pustules!"

"Oh no!" Edric placed his hand on his face dramatically before his eyes widened.

"W-Wait, is it really?"

"We have to fix it before your date, or you'll get dumped!" Emira ignored his question, pushing the boy.

"What?!" Edric yelled out as Emira groaned. "I will?!"

"Come on, Ed."

She dragged the boy out, leaving the two girls be as the two stopped blushing, Luz glancing at Amity as her cheeks turned pink once more.

"I was actually wondering if you could help me find this book?" Luz opened her notebook, showing Amity her notes as her blush soon disappeared.

"Hundreds of years ago, there was a human named Philip Wittebane living in Bonesborough," Luz pointed out. "And he donated his diary to this library."

"And this might tell you how to travel between realms, right?" Amity put the pieces together, smiling widely.

"Yes!" Luz's smile dropped. "My mum probably thinks I'm missing right now. I have to get back to her as soon as possible."

"Well," Amity glanced at Luz, her eyes tearing away from the notebook. "Something this old would be kept in the Forbidden Stacks..."

The two walked towards the gigantic double-doors, standing in front of it as they gazed at the wooden barriers.

A tiny mouse with a skull-like head jumped out from a crack beneath the door, Luz letting out a noise of disgust.

"Only Malphas, the master librarian, is allowed in there." Amity frowned slightly, Luz glancing in her direction.

"No te preocupes." Luz smiled sadly. "Todo va a salir bien. Like my mum always said."

The girl chuckled nervously before looking away drearily.

"I'm sure I can find another way."

Amity chuckled, smiling at the Latina slightly as Luz's eyes widened.

"Hey, wait. I never said I wasn't gonna help."

The girl walked forwards, holding a card up, the item attached to a string around her neck.

"My staff card should be able to open those doors," Amity's eyes met Luz's brown ones. "But once we're inside, you have to listen to everything I say. If we're caught, I could lose my job."

Luz held Amity's hand, glancing at Amity reassuringly, not realising her actions as she stared into the witch's golden eyes.

"You won't lose your job, I promise." Luz smiled.

Amity glanced down, her face red as she saw their intertwined hands, Luz soon blushing after as she dropped Amity's hand, the witch walking away.

"Well, let's not waste any time."

The girl pressed her card against the reader, the reader glowing as the doors began to glow as well, mist pouring out as it opened, Amity and Luz looking at one another as they entered the room, the doors shutting behind them.