[72]

"𝙃𝙢... 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙢𝙖𝙣?"

Luz questioned the egg before her as she sat in her mother's clinic, the desk lamp shining down on the blue-polished, wooden item, a book lying in front of her as the Latina flipped the page.

"A bird, like Owlbert?" She smiled at the image of a hen. "A cool bug? Maybe an octopus so we can hold hands?"

Excitement grew in her as she doodled an octopus smiling as they both held hands, a little heart between them. Other than that, there were multiple other doodles, one being a barn owl, another a snake, a horned beetle and a tadpole with a giant bow and a little wooden bucket underneath.

"Or maybe..."

She then turned a page, seeing her doodles of Eda, King, and Hooty that surrounded a plant glyph, a scribbled-out light glyph on the left side of the page.

"Maybe you'll never hatch... and I messed up your life too," The girl dropped her pencil, stroking the egg sadly.

"How's the lamp working?"

Luz jumped at the sound of her mother's voice, her eyes wide as she pulled away, sweating nervously before smiling.

"Just fine," She replied.

"Good. I'm ready to lock up," Camila smiled, taking her purse from the corner of a chair nearby her daughter.

Luz nodded, switching off the lamp as she stood up with a smile. The girl then hummed in confusion as she pulled her hand away, the plant glyph smoking as her hand had little bits of ashes on it.

She raised her eyebrow wearily, cautiously closing her book and packing up. She'll worry about that later.

–––

Hunter sat in confusion and disbelief, his head resting on his hand as he stared at Georgia. The oracle witch smiled nervously, eyeing her boyfriend for a reaction.

"So let me get this straight... your father, he came across the Collector and when he didn't free him, the curse ended up on you," Hunter frowned as Flapjack twittered.

The blonde boy turned to him swiftly, anger lacing his features.

"And you knew that Belos was here?" Hunter huffed at Flapjack. "I can tell that you're hiding something!"

Flapjack chirped, Georgia frowning as she gave Hunter a scolding glance. Instantly, the boy regretted it as he realised the tone that left his tongue, giving Flapjack an apologetic look.

"Sorry... I shouldn't take this out on you," Hunter hugged himself. "I'm just scared..."

Suddenly, the screeching of tires could be heard, Hunter and Georgia looking up as the former picked Flapjack up in his cupped hands.

"I'll go make sure Flap's safe," Hunter turned to his girlfriend, seeing her messily pile up papers and enclose them in her notebook and her father's journal.

"You go do that, I'll update Luz on things," Georgia sighs, patting the books. "Wish me luck on a good reaction, I guess."

"I'll let her know on the... Belos situation," Hunter nodded before walking down the hallway to get to the basement.

He held Flapjack carefully in his hands, placing the red cardinal palisman in the small wire cage and closed the door. The red cardinal chirped, Hunter, smiling softly at him.

"Don't worry, Flap," Hunter smiled. "If Belos is really here, I'll keep you safe."

Flapjack flapped his wings in protest, chirping as Hunter ignored it, walking back up the stairs. Camila walked out of the car and towards the house, Hunter already spotting Georgia speaking quietly to Luz as he opened the front door.

He waved 'hi' to Camila, the vet placing her hand on his shoulder with a kind smile before walking up to the house. He turned his head seeing the anxious look on Georgia's face, the girl softly explaining to Luz about her new discovery.

He could feel the shock from Luz's stillness, Georgia glancing away before the Latina calmed herself down, placing her hand on her friend's shoulder. Words were exchange, and so was a comforting hug.

Seeing that all was now alright, Hunter walked over to the two, Luz's reassuring smile dropping as Georgia sighed, remembering of the other situation on their hands.

"Oh, no," Luz muttered to herself. "Hunter, What's wrong?"

Hunter's eyebrows furrowed, a serious tone lacing his voice as Georgia crossed her arms. Nothing was ever easy when you were rebelling for a better cause.

"Belos."