[78]

"𝙇𝙪𝙯? 𝙃𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧?"

Willow called out her friends' names as Georgia ran after Amity, the red-wig witch catching up with Gus and Willow while the illusionist hopped off the Hayride.

"Did you find them?" Amity asked worriedly, as Gus smiled reassuringly at her.

"Calm down," Gus waved his hand. "They probably just went to buy some more cars."

"Yeah, yeah you're right," Amity nodded with a smile.

"Yeah... about that," Georgia huffed, rubbing the back of her neck as she thought back to Hunter's excuse.

"What about it?"

Georgia tensed up at Amity's worried tone returning, the oracle witch immediately regretting bringing it up as she hurriedly corrected herself.

"Actually, yeah Gus is right. I just wanted to say that uhm, buying cars? It takes a while so here's to hoping they'll be back soon!"

"I know... I just– I wanted to show Luz the rebus," Amity smiled, checking her pocket before seeing nothing there.

"Huh? Wait, where did it go?"

The teen searched through her outfit, Gus, Georgia and Willow looking at her with worried frowns before they all gasped, hearing Camila pull up by the event's driveway. Willow pulled her hood off, Georgia doing the same as the Latina mother called out to them.

"Kids!" She yelled, Vee's cover disguise hopping out of the other side of the car.

"Have you seen Luz? And has she, uhm, said anything weird?"

Vee frowned in thought before an idea popped into her head. The shapeshifter pulled her phone out of her pocket, smiling as she spoke.

"Boom! Find a phone!" She grinned.

The device lit up as the app was opened, and it beeped as soon as it received information on Luz's location.

–––

Luz's running eventually came to a halt as she had a light glyph in her hand, her eyes trying to spot Hunter's image anywhere within the fog. Instead, all she found were half-submerged tombstones in water along with a sign that read 'DANGER! DEEP WATER' attached to a fence.

Frowning, the Latina made the light orb disappear with a wave of her hand. She then pulled an ice glyph from out of her little bag, tapping it as it made an ice bridge across the lake.

The Latina ran across, swiftly, as she worried about Hunter, who had seemingly disappeared within the mist. The foggy air slowly cleared to reveal an archway, a singular tomb lying in front of it as Luz's steps slowed to a halt.

"Hunter," She called out to the boy. "Are you okay? Did you see Belos?"

Just as the witch-in-training was about to take another step, her eyes darted to the torn rebus. Hunter stood before the grave, his back turned to the girl.

"Oh... no," The said boy shook his hand in dismay slowly. "Just my imagination playing tricks again."

He continued to have his back turned as Luz's eyes were open in worry for the blonde teen. His eyes were hidden in the shadows, and his speech almost sounded slurred. Barely.

"Why don't you... find the Titan Blood while I find my palisman?" He muttered, walking off. "Little guy got spooked off."

"Good idea," Luz agreed, frowning in discomfort. "All this Belos talk has me on edge."