[44]

"𝘏𝘦𝘺, 𝘈𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘺... 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩..."
Georgia walked beside the girl, Amity glaring at Hunter.

"I'm not mad at you," Amity frowned. "I'm... mad at myself that you got hurt because I didn't try harder to help you. I'm mad that you dated the guy that hurt you and you just... forgave him!"

"Amity..." Georgia frowned, placing a hand on the witch's shoulder.

"I'm just... I hate the fact that you were hurt, and I could do nothing about it."

Georgia smiled softly, placing a hand on Amity's shoulder. The purple-haired witch glanced at her friend curiously as to why she was smiling.

"You did do something about it," Georgia replied. "You let my parents know that I needed help. You helped me get out of there, indirectly. And... I'm still here because of you."

Amity slowly began to smile, Georgia soon hugging her tight as she hugged back, the two having a moment as Hunter glanced back in curiosity.

"You know," Georgia pulled away. "Hunter's... not as bad as you think. He's lonely and hurt by Belos. He just needs support."

"And therapy," Amity added, scoffing.

"Yeah. Which can't be gained in the Emperor's coven for some reason."

The two girls snickered, Amity glad that her friend was alright. The two continued to walk along, Amity glanced down at her friend's rolled down sleeves, confusion was written all over her face. It was a warm day, and Georgia always rolled her sleeves up.

"How are your wounds?" Amity questioned, Georgia stiffening slightly.

"O-Oh... it's completely fine."

"Are you covering them up because it's bleeding?"

"...It stopped bleeding a while ago," Georgia muttered, sweeping her bangs aside.

"Then why are you covering it up?"

"They're just scabs 'Mity, it's not like people would want to see scabs. It makes some people uneasy, y'know?"

Amity hummed, shrugging.

"Can I see them?"

Georgia let out a small sigh, rolling her sleeve up.

"Only because you're so persistent," Georgia smiled a tired smile.

Amity stared down at the stripes, wincing slightly as she glanced at her friend worriedly. Georgia stared at her wounds with slight dissatisfaction, feeling as though she could've done better against Belos.

"How much blood did they take?" Amity asked, the witch beside her smiling nervously.

"Uh... maybe a few jars full? I dunno... I was woozy after the extraction."

"Jars?!" Amity's eyes widened in horror.

Georgia shushed Amity, placing her hand over Amity's mouth as she shushed her.

"Not so loud," She urged. "I don't want Xen panicking over me if their animals overhear. You know they're in the beast keeping track."

Amity hummed, Georgia pulling her hand away.

"Whatever," Amity frowned. "It's better for them to be panicking over you than having them scold you for stealing from the scouts."

Georgia laughed nervously, scratching the back of her neck.

"It's a bad habit, I know, but it's so fun," Georgia grinned. "You should join me sometime."

"No thanks," Amity sighed. "I'm not willing to get arrested for something as dumb as that."

"Your loss."

"Are we here?" Hunter interjected, stopping as he spotted a shack, Georgia catching up as she nodded.

"Yep," Georgia smiled, glancing at Amity as the purple-haired witch raised a brow.

"Well, their shack looks... nicer than before," Amity hummed.

"Yeah, they did a few touch-ups. I helped out now and then," Georgia walked ahead, knocking on the door as she heard footsteps near.

"If it's the coven, there will be bloodshed," Xen frowned with their eyes shut in frustration, the door now opened as Georgia raised a brow with a playful grin.

"Is that really what you want to tell your sister right who's visiting you after recovery?"

Xen's eyes snapped open, a smile growing as they wrapped their arms around the girl's neck.

Today seemed like a good day to visit.

hey yall sorry for the short-ish chapter, my brain is all juiced out rip

but I'm gonna self-promo real quick cause yall dont hesitate to join the discord server! We have events, competitions and more :D 

the line will be over here! –>

anywho, thank you all so much again for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful day/night or week ahead!

-sam