[13]

𝘓𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺,
Luz staring at the strange statue-like creatures in holes in the walls, the girl gasping as she frowned in curiosity, seeing all the holes filled with the creatures, some broken down and others completely collapsed, yet still in their place.

"What are these things?"

She then passed by one of the creatures with its hand raised in the air, Luz letting out a noise of disgust as she passed, the girl then returning to the statue as she smiled in a joking manner.

"Just kidding, I'd never leave someone hanging, up top buddy!" Luz cheered, slapping the creature's hand before it collapsed, the corpse landing on Luz as she cried out, lifting it off of her while her eyes widened in horror at the ceiling above her. 

More corpses filled her vision before she lifted her light, scanning each hole as it was filled before she had come across a vacant hole, the girl gasping as she heard the rattling, turning around as she saw a shadow race out, the girl running after it.

"And that's how I would annihilate my enemies!" King smiled, the group passing by a carving as he explained the image to Lilith and Hooty, the witch holding the light orb as the demon continued to speak.

"Who needs due process am I right?"

"What does this image represent, my lord?" Lilith asked, the carving showing a creature that shared the same features as King, the position in throwing a javelin as they stared at the image in awe.

"Uh... It's hard to remember," King scratched his head before looking at the carving. "But that handsome devil looks familiar, huh?"

"Tour's over! We gotta go, now!" Luz ran in, Lilith looking at the girl in confusion while the Latina frowned.

"But there's so much to learn–" Lilith complained, Luz doing her best to rush the witch out.

"This environment is not conducive to learning. It's conducive to death!" 

"Ah," King replied as he hopped off Lilith's shoulder, letting out a grunt while he landed. "You saw the horrifying monstrosity room! Don't worry, they can't hurt you."

King waved an arm dismissively before he heard a rattling, the group looking up to see where the sound had come from, the group seeing a creature on the ceiling as it snapped it's head a full one-eighty degrees.

"That one can!" Luz yelled out, picking King up as they sped through the hallways. 

"Let's go!"

The creature looked in Luz's direction, then lurching itself off the ceiling as it crashed in front of Luz, making the girl back up before pulling it's hand up, a fluid appearing from it's arm as it now had claws, Luz glancing at it in fear as the creature began to swipe.

Luz continued to dodge the being, the creature not noticing Lilith, the witch pulling ice glyphs out as she crushed them, the glyph turning into spikes as she threw them in the monster's direction, the creature now impaled as it was stuck to nearby rocks, Luz glancing at Lilith.

"Dang, girl! You've been practicing!" Luz smiled at Lilith, Lilith pulling the girl up as they ran.

"You may admire my progress when we get out of here alive."

The creature then morphed itself as it moved around the icicles, racing after the two, climbing on the ceiling before landing in front of the group, lifting its hand as it turned into an axe, ready to lower it on the group before an explosion hit it from behind, Luz and Lilith facing away as they flinched.