9. A seat at the table

A video begins to play on screen now with Lex Luthor on it. "Oh, hey. I didn't see you there. I'm Lex Luthor, and I'm here to tell you a little bit about the Legion of Doom. The LOD is a supportive community of elite supervillains dedicated to making the world a worse place. We've been behind some of the most evil plots of the 21st century." He explains as the location in the video changes and Black Manta appears beside him. "Hey, Black Manta. What's that? They're waiting for the new recruits right next door? Looks like you better get in there. And make sure you bad guys bring a good attitude." Lex says to Black Manta who begins to walk away only for Dr Psycho to appear on the screen as Lex continues to talk. Black Manta picks up Psycho and throws him before walking off.

"Hey, that's you!" King Shark says as it is revealed that he, Harley, Clayface and Dr Psycho had been watching the video. 

"What did you say to Black Manta to elicit such rage?" Clayface asks. 

"Nothing racist." Psycho comments. 

"Guys, pull it together. We are about to join..." Harley says getting up as a door opens.

 "The Legion of Doom." Lex finishes her sentence as he ushers the group out to join a welcome party for Harley. "Welcome home, Harley."

"And that's all the time we have." Lex Luthor says stood on a stand only to hear a disappointed groan behind him. "Oh, and my apologies to Bane who wanted to do some magic."

 "It was going to be a spectacle." Bane says as he drops his cards.

The Joker clears his throat now as he climbs up on to the stage. "I'd like to say something." 

"Oh, my God!" Harley groans worried. 

"When I heard we were letting in Harley Quinn, I thought..." Joker begins to laugh making Harley nervous. "No one deserves this opportunity more than she does." 

"Oh this guy..." Harley groans.

 "I'm sorry. But didn't he try to kill you multiple times?" Dr Psycho points out.

"I know, I know. I tried to kill you multiple times, but frankly, Harley, now you're the one killing it." Joker says now as he starts a round of applause for Harley that the other villains join in on. 

"Wow..." Harley says surprised.

"Oh, I've seen this before. It's just like the time my ex, Sandra, called me up after I lost 20 pounds. Where were you when I was still 2,750, Sandra? Where were you? I needed love then." King Shark says upset and angry.

"Promise us you will not make us the Jen Aniston to your Bradley Pitt's feverish pursuit of co-star Ann-halina Yo-lee." Clayface says.

"Wow, that's a lot to unpack." Psycho says rubbing his eyes.

"Guys, guys, come on! Give me a little credit here. Joker saying a few nice things about me ain't gonna make me see him any different, okay?" Harley says as Bane appraoches her. 

"Pick a card." He says and Harley picks a card while still talking to her crew.

"When my mind's set, it is set. Hell, they blew out three electric shock machines at Arkham trying to get through to me. I am done giving that clown second chances." Harley says.

 "Is your card the three of hearts?" Bane asks now and Harley looks at her card. 

"No." 

"Fuck!" Bane says walking away annoyed.