16. Trapped

Ivy, Y/n, Harley and her crew were stood outside of Mister Freeze's fortress, It was enclosed in a large dome of glass and surrounded by a ice barrier. Near the bottom was Harley as she planted a set of explosives before running back to join the others.

"Three, two, one..." 

"Yay!" King Shark cries as they detonate and steam covers the area for a moment. But as it clears everyone can see it was ineffective.  

"Ah, that was successful. Come on, We can't get into Mr. Freeze's territory so why not we just let him keep it, all right?" Psycho says. 

"Because he froze mine and Y/n's living bodies then put us on display for my enemies to mock!" Harley says back.

"And now you're freezing us! The cycle of violence is real." King Shark says. 

"I will not rest until we bury each and every one of these Injustice League Motherfuckers who stole Gotham from me! So get meltin'." Harley says back as Clayface lifts a flamethrower and begins to try melt the ice. 

Y/n notices a newspaper nearby as he picks it up. When he sees the article he picks iut up and shows it to the shivering Ivy who quickly grabs it. The artice Headline read 'Ace Chemicals Dumps Toxic Waste In Gotham Harbour.'

"What? They're dumping toxic waste into the harbor? I've gotta stop these assholes." 

"That happened like two weeks ago." Psycho says. 

"It did?" Ivy asks. 

"Yeah." King Shark replies. 

"How did I miss that?" Ivy asks surprised. 

"Well, it certainly wasn't because you were attending my one man performance of Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking." Clayface says now.

"Ooh. I went!" King Shark interrupts before he leas over to Y/n and Ivy. "He's no Vanessa Redgrave." 

"I had my own take!" Clayface defends.

Harley grows fed up as she runs past with a rocket launcher mounted on her shoulders. "Fire in the hole!" She cires as she kneels down and fires the rocket. It flies through the air as King Shark cheers but once again it proves useless. "What the hell kinda ice is this?" 

"The kind you're never gonna see the other side of!" A voice calls out and everyone looks up to see two goons stood on an ice balcony high above them. 

"Yeah, nothing burns hot enough... Oh, except Firefly's flame..." The other goon starts. 

"Fred! Oh. You almost told them about Firefly's flamethrower!" The other interrupts him. 

"Oh, well, great, Kevin, now you did. You dummy." Fred says. 

"Sweet, I'll just kick that guy's ass and take his fire gun." Harley says now.

 "Yeah. Cool idea. Did you get it from reading Doctor Trap's diary?" Kevin says mocking Harley.  

"Sorry, wait. Who's Doctor Trap?" Fred asks Kevin.

Oh, my God! Dude! He's the guy that looted all the villain's lairs when the city fell. He's got a whole collection of powerful crap at the Gotham Natural History Museum including the aforementioned fire gun." Kevin explains.

"Oh, right."  Fred replies but the two goons see everyone taking off now.

"Oh shit!" Kevin sighs.

"Thanks for all your help! Text us if you think of anything else!" Harley cries out.