Side Story 5

long kinda angsty chapter coming up lol

his mouth tasted like iron, that much to be expected from the punch he received earlier. but looking at all those blood--which wasn't his at all--on his shirt, he could say his win today had been way victorious. usually, his alpha within him had always got him unscathed (aside from a few little punches here and there) and he was thankful that they were both strong.

perhaps this was why everyone called him 'mutt', because he was just unbeatable. jeongguk wanted to take pride on it, because it stilled fear on people but he would be lying if the emptiness inside hadn't gradually grown day by day. people still came to fight him, the more fear they had, the more daring people became. and jeongguk didn't have the slightest intention to befriend anyone. even if namjoon had tried so hard to make him feel accepted in this new high school located in a big city like seoul.

honestly, country boys and city boys were just the same, jeongguk thought. city boys might have more privilege and better education, but everyone still called him monster. just because he had a stronger alpha wolf than average, just because he was good in taekwondo, just because he was also smart.

his alpha was sated and very sure what he had done all this time were right. to trample on those people who asked for it. with unsympathetic eyes, jeongguk looked over at all those unmoving bodies of passed out boys he had just defeated. there were few coming from his own high school, but the majority were from other high schools. he figured they must have tried to form big groups just so they could beat up that new alpha kid from countryside.

jeongguk wondered, if things continued like this... would he finally lose himself to his alpha? would this emptiness grow and swallow him whole? what should he do, then? let everyone beat him to pulps just so they had their satisfaction? it'd been like two weeks but the numbers of boys he had defeated couldn't be counted with numbers anymore.

"a-are you okay?" jeongguk lazily turned his head into the direction of that quivering voice. had jeongguk missed his punches someone could stand out? he had been wrong though, because what greeted him was a small omega boy, because he never punched an omega before (except when they asked for it, but no omegas had ever had the guts to do so).

jeongguk ran over his eyes to a boy his age with soft brown hair, big eyes, and moles scattered on his small face. he was wearing the same uniform as jeongguk, and he was very pretty.

jeongguk only hummed in reply. he slung his bag on his shoulder and made to his leave. he thought this omega would just finally realise he had talked to the fearsome newbie and eventually too scared to maintain eye contacts with him. but he was surprised when a hand reached out to hold him in place.

"u-um, you have bloods all over so I-I think you need to be treated," the omega boy said, his voice getting smaller and smaller towards the end of his sentence. but when jeongguk turned around, he could see the boy's unwavering, straightforward gaze onto him. it was as if the smaller boy had made his resolve already.

"so what? you gonna treat me?" jeongguk asked, expression cold and disinterested.

the omega looked determined. he nodded vigorously, fire on his eyes despite bodies trembling in fear. "y-you look so cool! I thought I could h-help you a little..."

it was the first time someone had called him cool and looked at him with such admiration so blatant jeongguk almost couldn't believe it. he felt somehow... warm and his alpha seemed content with agreeing to the said boy. so as usual, jeongguk followed his instinct and let himself indulge to the other boy's request. "sure... I'm jeongguk," jeongguk said.