|16|

"uh, what are you guys even doing here?" yeonjun looked at his underclassmen with a raised brow, suspicious, as taehyun, soobin, beomgyu, and hueningkai stared back at him.

yeonjun and his classmates decided to throw a farewell party to their lovely homeroom teacher, Kim Taehyung, before the graduation ceremony. since the final weeks were done, the third years had unofficially ended their high school life, including yeonjun. they had reserved a restaurant and invited the teacher to a dinner party.

somehow, yeonjun's little group of friends which consisted of younger brats had heard about the news and decided to waltz trough the party uninvited.

"can't a man have a dinner in a restaurant?" taehyun said, unbothered. yeonjun wanted to scream at him, but winning an argument against taehyun was impossible so he turned to the other first year.

"taehyun asked me," hueningkai sent yeonjun his most angelic smile, winding his arm on taehyun's. yeonjun really couldn't stand these brats.

"they dragged me here," soobin pouted, receiving a deadly glare from yeonjun.

"ah, hyung, it's a coincidence, really!" beomgyu acted cutely. "please just let this one go~" and yeonjun finally sighed in defeat, who expected him to bear his juniors' cuteness?!

"oh, aren't you the guys from Jeon Jeongguk Fan Club?" one of the girls from yeonjun's class sat on the same table as the younger boys. "I'm jinhee! what're you doing here? are you discussing your club activities in our farewell party?" the girl laughed jokingly.

"no way, we can't help but turn up in our hyungie's farewell party," soobin explained. but yeonjun knew better that the real reason these brats came was to find out how third year's party be like, and to see their fairy teacher, too.

"ah! you guys must be close!" another girl came, sitting next to taehyun. "so, what's the update? 'cause of the finals, I couldn't come to the club's meetings lately."

"well, we're still searching for Mr. Jeon's mate," beomgyu pouted, expressively. all the boys and girls that had surrounded them groaned in distaste.

"but you guys have some clues, right?"

"we do have a list of Mr. Jeon's most likely closest person. our closest candidate is probably Mr. Kim Taehyung," taehyun said.

"really?!" everyone gasped in surprise, their eyes brightened.

"yeah, they do look very closer now," a boy said, nodding in agreement.

"but Mr. Jeon had never posted his mate's pics in any of his social media, and Mr. Kim even very rarely posted," a girl said, looking pissed.

"guys, Mr. Kim has arrived!" someone shouted from another table. soon the topic of their talk had been forgotten as everyone greeted Taehyung in happiness, some kids even went as far as to hug the teacher tightly. having Mr. Kim as their homeroom teacher was probably one of the best things they had in high school because of the teacher's kindness and unique way of teachings. Mr. Kim even gifted each one of his students, the kids couldn't be more than happy.

the dinner had gone successfully, everyone felt sated and happy. the food was delicious, the restaurant was cozy, the service was almost perfect, and the atmosphere had turned into bittersweet when most of the kids shed their tears as they bid their goodbye to Taehyung. yeonjun turned to be the one to deliver the present the class had prepared for Mr. Kim: a thick photo album with their photos and everyone's letters inside. their fairy teacher also cried upon receiving the gift, hugging yeonjun who was in cloud nine.

time went fast when everyone enjoyed it. it was already ten pm when the party ended.

"Mr. Kim, it's late. are you sure it's safe to go home alone?" one of the alpha kids went brave, using his last chance to woo the teacher.