|10|

jeongguk came back after a full hour of calming down his wolf and sobering up the alcohol left in his blood stream. regret flooded up his system while the coldness numbed his sadness. fighting when they were tipsy was the worst decision he'd ever taken. the situation had already been bad before he turned it worse.

for the last hour, he had been walking and walking. mind buzzing with unwarranted thoughts while at the same so empty he didn't know what he was even thinking. his heart hurt from pounding too hard inside his ribcage. the wolf within him was torn between calling up his mate and feeling angry with jeongguk's insecurities out in the open.

he was a possessive man, he knew that, constantly feeling like he wanted to show everyone how perfect his mate was, demanding attention and affection whenever and wherever he was. he would get irritated and insecure when his mate refused to indulge him. he felt childish and annoying. he had been selfish and disregarded his mate's feelings.

why had he asked taehyung if he had loved him? of course taehyung loved him, jeongguk knew it, it was just his possessive side that needed constant reminder. he was the type of person who needed to vocalize his feelings while taehyung was the opposite, showering his love with little gestures. he felt beyond stupid for throwing such tantrums.

he swore to himself he would make up to his omega, pampering him everything he wanted when they get home. he wouldn't care how long of a time taehyung needed to finally be brave enough to tell everyone about their marriage, because jeongguk would wait. he had spent six years courting taehyung, and eight years trying to solve this enigma namely taehyung; if taehyung needed another eight years, jeongguk would be willing to give him.

as jeongguk arrived at the motel like a kicked puppy, a thunder suddenly stroke from the outside, surprising everyone on the lounge room from the loudness.

the alpha found his brother-in-law sitting in one of the cushion with a frown painted on his handsome face. jeongguk approached him.

noticing the arrival of jeongguk, seokjin perched up, his worried expression becoming more apparent. "jeonggukie, do you know where taehyung went? he hasn't come back. the weather said there's going to be heavy rain and storm tonight. I'm so worried."

jeongguk went pale. "did you try to call him? I haven't seen him since an hour ago."

"I tried but he turned off the phone," seokjin looked teary. "I thought he was with you so I waited here."

jeongguk felt his legs went weak. "it was my fault," he grimly said. "we fought a while ago then I left him to cool off." as another thunder stroke down, panic seeped trough his mind. "shit, taehyung couldn't stand thunders. I'm gonna go search for him."

before jeongguk could take off, seokjin frantically grabbed his hand. "I'm going with you!"

"no, hyung, it's dangerous. you should wait here in case taehyung comes back," jeongguk insisted, pushing seokjin to sit on the cushion. but seokjin still retaliated.

while jeongguk was trying to calm seokjin down, namjoon and jimin arrived with clothes and hair wet from rain. "the restaurant we had dinner at called me while I was searching for taehyung. apparently he forgot his phone. now we really have no single clue where he went," namjoon sighed, giving seokjin his brother's phone. "I met jimin and told him to go back with me, yoongi-ssi and hoseok-ssi are still outside searching for taehyung."

"let's search him now," seokjin had become more frantic, tears descending his cheeks. "we can't waste a single second!"

"no, jin," namjoon strictly said, voice soft. "you need to stay here. we will find taehyung, I promise you. let's not panic, it wouldn't be good for them." jeongguk's eyes bulged out in surprise when namjoon stroked his mate's stomach. "and when we come back, you will help tae and warm him up, you understand?" seokjin finally nodded after inhaling his mate's calming scent.